SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. Had to share the find I had today. A certain big box store is going out of business in PA and had all handguns 20% off. Got myself a new P229 for under $800. Best deal I have seen in a long time. I just couldn't resist.:D

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas! And great catch on the P229!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats and Welcome! The P229 is, IMO, Sig's best pistol! What caliber did you get?
I got it in 9. The plan is to start daily carrying a bigger gun. Currently I carry a shield so this should be a pretty big change. But I ordered a good gun belt today and a new holster so hoping that helps mitigate the weight difference.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Welcome from Texas and congrats on your P229.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
john4537, congratulations, and welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. I picked up my latest acquisition, a P239-40, from the same vendor, a couple of months ago. What Firearms Collector stated is true in a lot of cases, but at least around here, they were the highest place around for most items to begin with! Probably one reason they got into the predicament they are in, to begin with! I consider what I paid, for mine, a bargain, at least compared to what I found elsewhere... and as long as you consider what you paid as a bargain, is all that matters.

·
Registered
62 Posts
GM- Arlington TX

I've been visiting my local GM weekly to check out the "deals". Seems as if the higher priced firearms are still on the shelf while the lower priced ones departed quickly. Latest prices I saw last week on Sigs:
M11A1 - $807
P229R - $807
P229 Carry - $849

All in 9mm.

Seems like they're just now getting down to prices you can find easily on GB online. Talked to the older guy behind the counter and every store is on a different schedule for discounting the firearms. Some have already gone to 25% off, ours is currently at 15%. No set schedule for further discounts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.