SIG Talk banner

New p229 questions

1676 19
Hello,
I am new to the forum and completely new to sigs. I purchased a pistol from a local gun show because I love the 357 Sig caliber and it seemed like a good deal. It is in absolutely new condition with heavy oil and the hang tag still on it. It was sold as used. The model is WE29R-357-BSS-SRT-lgcy. When looking this up it appears to be available to purchase new through the app program. Is there a reason for this? Is it just a price break for law enforcement? Is there an identical civilian model? Is there anything I need to know here? I love the night sights and the short reset. What is the value of this pistol "used" but absolutely new.
Thank you,
Richard
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7,973 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk - and Congrats on that fine P229!! You've started your SIG armory with one of the greatest pistols on earth too!

I've carried 229 in 40 for couple years, and recently added a 357sig barrel. It's gotta be the easiest weapon's caliber change possible. Mr Sigke's ammo reference looks good to me..

Cheers

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I'm a reloader so I won't need to buy bulk ammo. Yes I know the pitfalls of loading 357 Sig. I'm going with longshot 147 grain xtps. Unless someone has this exact pistol and tells me otherwise. Would you say $500 was a good deal?

· Registered
7,353 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'm a reloader so I won't need to buy bulk ammo. Yes I know the pitfalls of loading 357 Sig. I'm going with longshot 147 grain xtps. Unless someone has this exact pistol and tells me otherwise. Would you say $500 was a good deal?
Honestly, if your into reloading you prolly already know whether its a good deal or not.
And really only you can determine if it was a good deal or not.

· Registered
320 Posts
The IOP purchase program you're referring to contains firearms that are likely to be purchased for use by law enforcement, instructors etc. Since there are so many variations of the 229, they try to put the most common/popular that may be used by LE etc. The legacy slide version you have is very popular as many large law enforcement agencies were issued versions that had that slide for many years and are still today. I'm not sure I would consider it IOP only as I have seen them for sale new in stores.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Registered
297 Posts
welcome from CA
226 .357 is fun
239 .357 is funner
229 .357 is funnest
and yes it is a good deal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.