SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased my first Sig handgun (love my MPX) a P229 Legion .357Sig.

I love the gun and it fits nice in my hand but that's just it, its nice but not optimal. My man mitts are a bit over-sized and would love just a little more real-estate for my pinky.

I'm not looking for a "mag extension" (aka Mec-Gar) I'm looking for a grip extension something along the lines of a pearce grip extension. I would have thought more than a few manufacturers would have created extended magazine base plates with more room for your grip but alas my google-foo is not strong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi big paws !!
Warm welcome from South Florida.
I have never seen anything like that for the P229 357 the closest might be the Mec-Gar + 2 14 round mags for the 357. Good luck.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,062 Posts
Fletch, about the only suggestion I can provide is to try and adapt a floorplate from another model. The Springfield Armory XD 9mm magazines OEM floorplate looks similar to the Sig P229s. If a local LGS carries that model, take one of your floorplates and compare. If they are a close match, order one of the Pearce Grip floorplates, and try to adapt it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You might try a 226 mag in 357 with a x grip adaptor.

I found out my 226 mags fit my 229 and midway sells the x grip adaptor. Adds about a half inch to the grip.

I just need to test the mags for function at the next range trip.

Reactions: slayer61

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might try a 226 mag in 357 with a x grip adaptor.

I found out my 226 mags fit my 229 and midway sells the x grip adaptor. Adds about a half inch to the grip.

I just need to test the mags for function at the next range trip.
have you tried the xgrip? If so can you send pictures of the 226 mag in the 229?

·
Registered
399 Posts
have you tried the xgrip? If so can you send pictures of the 226 mag in the 229?
I have not tried the x grip for the 226 mags yet, need to order it with a mag.

I have used them on a C3 using 8 round mag and 320 compact with full size mag. Both work well. Just slips over the mag.

Gives the extra 1 or 2 rounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.