SIG Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
P227 has been released from the Washington waiting period (can be up to ten days, but usually lots less. I've gotten guns in three, this one took seven).

Definitely New Old Stock as it was manufactured in 2016. Gun very dry after all those years....its been fully disassembled, cleaned and greased now.

A few parts were ordered while I waited and have now been installed:
Threaded barrel
Short Reset Trigger Kit (SUPER easy to install....ten minutes!)
Gray Guns dual adjustable trigger
Stainless Steel Guide Rod
Sig Armourer Super Strut and supplied 20 lb hammer spring (I'm going to try 17 lb as that is what I usually run)
Hogue G10 Grips

Original night sights still glow....but are dim. Have a set of Sig Xray and a set of HiViz fiber optics to choose from.

Time to go to the range...
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5575.jpeg
IMG_5577.jpeg
IMG_5573.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg

Northlight

·
Registered
21,807 Posts
Nice! Always feels good to get a great new gun. :)

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,068 Posts
It's a good day when you get a new member of the family! 😊 I like all of the mods you have done and I vote for the Xray sight replacement. This gun is way too cool not to have night sights. Do you have plans on using your treaded barrel? I can't have one living in occupied territory so I like to live vicariously through folks in free states. Congrats on a really nice gun!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I think P series pistols (metal frames) will be a thing of the past soon. More profit and demand for polymer. I'd like to see those 220 carry's and the 225A come back.
Do you have some insider knowledge, that Sig has a lower profit margin on P series classic models. That doesn’t make any sense. Revenue numbers would vary, but your margin should be a set goal. Sigs changing over to more focus on striker fired guns, is obviously market driven. Why make more of something that doesn’t move while having a fixed manufacturing capacity.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's a good day when you get a new member of the family! 😊 I like all of the mods you have done and I vote for the Xray sight replacement. This gun is way too cool not to have night sights. Do you have plans on using your treaded barrel? I can't have one living in occupied territory so I like to live vicariously through folks in free states. Congrats on a really nice gun!
We do have plans for the threaded barrel......

Pics, so it DID happen.....Osprey Suppressor mounted.

One of the first things we did on moving to Washington from California was buy suppressors!!

Northlight
IMG_5605 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,899 Posts
Congrats on the 227.

Reactions: northlight

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
We do have plans for the threaded barrel......

Pics, so it DID happen.....Osprey Suppressor mounted.

One of the first things we did on moving to Washington from California was buy suppressors!!

Northlight View attachment 386821
I hate you! I live in the Soviet State of Illinois and those communists won’t let us own suppressors (OR much else kool). I would LOVE to own a couple suppressors! .45 ACP is a particularly neat round to suppress, and I have a number of examples.

That is one neat-looking gun, and must be a whale of a lot of fun to shoot. Wife has finally agreed to moving to Texas so perhaps then I can acquire a couple of those.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I can’t say enough good things about ALL versions of the 227. Back in 2016 I bought a new 227 Enhanced Elite. Super smooth shooting and felt recoil is similar to my 77 GCNM. At first the trigger pull was a little strong but it’s settled down to 3.5 lbs in SA. Great thread. Love talking about classic P Series pistols especially the 227. One upgrade I did was to replace the E2’s with the factory G10’s found on the Tacops model.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Congrats.
My 227 is a great shooter. Hated the E2 grips, so I customized a pair from a TacOps model. $20 from CDNN. My brother has an SAS, real nice.

Reactions: northlight

·
Registered
712 Posts
I feel your pain. Live NW if Chicago. This state sucks. I’m out of here with in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Devereaux
21 - 34 of 34 Posts