SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the mistake....like many of us do....of dropping in to the local gun/pawn shop over the weekend. It's hard not to stop in every so often....since the store is less than half a mile from home.

There in the case was a new full size P227, reasonably priced....so....we asked friendly Dave the shop owner put it aside for me. I've got a P227 SAS with a Sig Armourer carry action job, but shouldn't I also have the big 227?

With COVID, the shop has limited hours, so I'll stop in first thing tomorrow to do the required paperwork. Washington now has a waiting period that can be as long as ten days....but our local PD turns around approvals in just a few days.

I've even got rationalization for the new gun as a neighbor wants to buy my Volquartsen-equipped Ruger Mark II .22....

I promise pics when we take delivery!

Northlight

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Remember this.
The P227SAS is basically a P229 in 45 and the bigger 4.4" is a P226 in 45
They share the same P227 frame/mags and that is it
They require different holsters as the SAS has a wider slide
As a M11A-1/P228 person the P227SAS version is why I own it using all my P228 holsters like they were made for it
I had previously bought both and was so incensed by the fact I needed two sets of holsters I sold them both. The P227SAS is the only pistol I ever regretted selling but found one here and replaced it

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,960 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Remember this.
The P227SAS is basically a P229 in 45 and the bigger 4.4" is a P226 in 45
They share the same P227 frame/mags and that is it
They require different holsters as the SAS has a wider slide
As a M11A-1/P228 person the P227SAS version is why I own it using all my P228 holsters like they were made for it
I had previously bought both and was so incensed by the fact I needed two sets of holsters I sold them both. The P227SAS is the only pistol I ever regretted selling but found one here and replaced it
I actually think I bought your SAS, which I like immensely. I have been playing around with holsters and have found my Mitch Rosen, which was made for a no-rail 229 and is tight (I had to rebreak it in when I got the 229 refinished by CCR) will fit the SAS fine.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I actually think I bought your SAS, which I like immensely. I have been playing around with holsters and have found my Mitch Rosen, which was made for a no-rail 229 and is tight (I had to rebreak it in when I got the 229 refinished by CCR) will fit the SAS fine.
If you bought mine it would have been 2014 at the Melbourne Gun Show where I sold it with 2 mags and E2 grips.
I use Stealthgear IWB M11A-1 holsters and it fits anything close even my P239. I have a number of Safariland duty holsters for P228 which fit the M11A-1 and any similar sized non-rail Sig like the P227SAS
The P227R fits a Safariland P226R holster fine

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
If you bought mine it would have been 2014 at the Melbourne Gun Show where I sold it with 2 mags and E2 grips.
I use Stealthgear IWB M11A-1 holsters and it fits anything close even my P239. I have a number of Safariland duty holsters for P228 which fit the M11A-1 and any similar sized non-rail Sig like the P227SAS
The P227R fits a Safariland P226R holster fine
Hmm. Wasn’t that one but I bought ONE gun from you. I remember because it was the first purchase I made from the forum. Managed to get some decent guns here.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Hmm. Wasn’t that one but I bought ONE gun from you. I remember because it was the first purchase I made from the forum. Managed to get some decent guns here.
Hmmm, not me unless you bought it FTF.
I have only sold one pistol online in my life a Nighthawk Custom Talon on GB
You likely bought it from Brad Pitt. People get us confused all the time 😁

·
Registered
58 Posts
It took me awhile to figure out which of the P227 models I like the best. I've owned a P227 full size in FDE, a P227R Carry, and now the only one I have (and don't intend to get rid of) is a P227 SAS. I had a couple of the 14 round magazines with the full size and although I didn't have any problems with them, they just didn't balance well for me. I replaced the E2 grips on the P227 SAS with Hogue black checkered G10 grips and as I said before, this one won't be leaving the stable.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
Made the mistake....like many of us do....of dropping in to the local gun/pawn shop over the weekend. It's hard not to stop in every so often....since the store is less than half a mile from home.

There in the case was a new full size P227, reasonably priced....so....we asked friendly Dave the shop owner put it aside for me. I've got a P227 SAS with a Sig Armourer carry action job, but shouldn't I also have the big 227?

With COVID, the shop has limited hours, so I'll stop in first thing tomorrow to do the required paperwork. Washington now has a waiting period that can be as long as ten days....but our local PD turns around approvals in just a few days.

I've even got rationalization for the new gun as a neighbor wants to buy my Volquartsen-equipped Ruger Mark II .22....

I promise pics when we take delivery!

Northlight
Congratulations! There's a reason why my wife and I refer to any gun establishment as the candy store. I love the neighbor wants to buy a gun rationale - genius! I can't wait to use it.

Don't feel too bad about waiting 10 days, I'd love to have a turn around of 10 days - here in my area of the Big Brother state of NY, you would be lucky if you get the paperwork approved in 30 days. It's not uncommon to hear shooters waiting for 3 months or more.

What did you mean I've got a P227 SAS with a Sig Armourer carry action job, but shouldn't? Did you mean the action job?

Good luck when you get your 227 - pics will be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,817 Posts
Congratulations! There's a reason why my wife and I refer to any gun establishment as the candy store. I love the neighbor wants to buy a gun rationale - genius! I can't wait to use it.

Don't feel too bad about waiting 10 days, I'd love to have a turn around of 10 days - here in my area of the Big Brother state of NY, you would be lucky if you get the paperwork approved in 30 days. It's not uncommon to hear shooters waiting for 3 months or more.

What did you mean I've got a P227 SAS with a Sig Armourer carry action job, but shouldn't? Did you mean the action job?

Good luck when you get your 227 - pics will be appreciated.
He said:

.... I've got a P227 SAS with a Sig Armourer carry action job, but shouldn't I also have the big 227?
Northlight
He should have a full-size P227 also. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hmmm, not me unless you bought it FTF.
I have only sold one pistol online in my life a Nighthawk Custom Talon on GB
You likely bought it from Brad Pitt. People get us confused all the time 😁
Must have been a Nightmare, the gun model or a disturbing dream you had. Just kidding. 😁

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
That was my SAS and I want it back Devereaux!!!!!
One of many that I kick myself for. I love the 220 platform but it is a big gun. And there are NONE around.
No you can’t have it back but at least you can know it has a good home. I seem to love the SAS versions of Sigs in general. Wish I had a 229 SAS, just because. But then I also wish Sig would put out a few more of the AXG’s, and would offer the M18 conversion kit again (instead of being “out of stock“ for too long IMM).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think P series pistols (metal frames) will be a thing of the past soon. More profit and demand for polymer. I'd like to see those 220 carry's and the 225A come back.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I managed to get two 220's - a German one with the narrow trigger and a regular one, on which I put an Armory Craft straight trigger. Haven't even shot the German. But I carry a 220 SAS often. I like the .45 ACP round. Nice and slow and fat. To me, less chance to get in trouble vis a vis innocents, but that's my opinion.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts