SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I'm new to Sig Talk and new to Sig pistols. I just yesterday brought home a new P227 Enhanced Elite. I gave it a quick clean & lube and put a hundred rounds through it. It was incredible. I'm not new to firearms but I'm not an experienced shooter. However, this pistol made me feel like an experienced shooter. I'm completely enamored with it. I could go on and on but I'll spare everybody from that and get to the point. I have a question about the trigger. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've come to understand that the term "Short Reach Trigger" pertains to the trigger itself and the term "Short Reset Trigger" pertains to the trigger reset. My question is this: Can I install a standard (fat) trigger without effecting the short reset? All the threads that discuss this seem to refer to switching the "Short Reach Trigger" with the standard trigger in the "Nitron Full Size" which doesn't come with the "Short Reset Trigger". I'm curious to know if anybody has done this with the "Enhanced Elite" and how it might effect the short reset.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Hello to all,

I'm new to Sig Talk and new to Sig pistols. I just yesterday brought home a new P227 Enhanced Elite. I gave it a quick clean & lube and put a hundred rounds through it. It was incredible. I'm not new to firearms but I'm not an experienced shooter. However, this pistol made me feel like an experienced shooter. I'm completely enamored with it. I could go on and on but I'll spare everybody from that and get to the point. I have a question about the trigger. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've come to understand that the term "Short Reach Trigger" pertains to the trigger itself and the term "Short Reset Trigger" pertains to the trigger reset. My question is this: Can I install a standard (fat) trigger without effecting the short reset? All the threads that discuss this seem to refer to switching the "Short Reach Trigger" with the standard trigger in the "Nitron Full Size" which doesn't come with the "Short Reset Trigger". I'm curious to know if anybody has done this with the "Enhanced Elite" and how it might effect the short reset.

Thanks
You are correct in everything.
Folks swap the short/skinny trigger for the fatty one all the time. It will not affect the the SRT.
Congrats on a fine SIG. And welcome to ST.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Any gun I buy that has the short reach trigger promptly gets changed out to the standard trigger and it has no effect on the short reset. One does not affect the other.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I also dislike the Short Reach Trigger on my 227 and will change it to a "Fat" one very soon. The Short Reset Trigger actually has little to do with the trigger at all and is in the sear geometry and a totally different parts kit.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alaska. I swapped out the skinny trigger on my M11-A1 (haven't done my P227 SAS yet) and there was NO change to the reset. Fits me better now though :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nice pickup. I shoot my 227 much better than most my other guns and am very pleased with it. I too dislike the skinny trigger but left it on mine as it does help slightly with my reach (i think). Also dislike the e2 grips but have left them on for the same reason. Welcome from VA, there are some knowledgable members on here that have a good bit of knowledge and are more than willing to share it and help out other members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts