SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently considering getting a Streamlight TLR HL for my new P226 Tac Ops. It's my understanding on this Sig since the rail isn't a standard 1913 rail the Streamlight although it will work its not an ideal fit. So is the Bridgemount that is out of stock on the Sig web site the answer or is there some other light or something else I should be looking at>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I just went back to the Streamlight website and it appears the tlr hl is a bit loose on the M1913 rail is well. Odd but it appears as if the best fit is for the glock. You would think it would have some way of working or fitting the M1913 rail a bit better.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Actually I just went back to the Streamlight website and it appears the tlr hl is a bit loose on the M1913 rail is well. Odd but it appears as if the best fit is for the glock. You would think it would have some way of working or fitting the M1913 rail a bit better.
You should read that again. You misinterpreted something.

That is definitely NOT true on a true mil-spec rails.

I use Streamlight and have various guns with the 1913 rails including SIG Sauers.

I also have a couple of TLR-1 lights and have mounted them on several weapons with 1913 rails. SIGs, FNX-45, 1913 rails on shotguns and rifles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should read that again. You misinterpreted something.

That is definitely NOT true on a true mil-spec rails.

I use Streamlight and have various guns with the 1913 rails including SIG Sauers.

I also have a couple of TLR-1 lights and have mounted them on several weapons with 1913 rails. SIGs, FNX-45, 1913 rails on shotguns and rifles.
This is straight from there compatability list page for the tlr1.

1913 (MIL-STD-1913 “Picatinny”) AND 1913 The 1913 key is wider than the standard key because the slots are nominally .206” wide. (A little more than 3/16”) The standard key will work with a Picatinny rail but the light will move back and forth with recoil unless the clamp is very tight. Some guns with a Picatinny rail still need a standard key depending on the construction of the actual rail. These will be identified for the individual guns when we test them.

As I reread it I now take it that the clamp just needs to be very tight so it appears I probably was incorrect.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
That isn't written very clearly. I can see the confusion.
It is not saying what you think it is saying.

What that is actually saying is that you can use their "standard" key on a 1913 rail but it will be a little loose.

It also says that some guns with a Picatinny rail still need a "standard key depending on the construction of the actual rail". That means that some guns don't really build a rail to true 1913 specs and their slots may be a bit narrow.

The recoil groove (what they are referring to as a "slot") on the 1913 rail is a nominal 0.206" wide; the width of their 1913 key.

Streamlight's "Standard Key", a.k.a. "Glock Key", a.k.a. "Universal Key" is 5/32", or 0.156".

This confirms their statement that you can use their "Standard" key in a 1913 rail but it will be loose.

If you have a 1913 rail, you use a 1913 key.

I've attached a screenshot from a page in the 1913 spec showing the "slot" width.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That isn't written very clearly. I can see the confusion.
It is not saying what you think it is saying.

What that is actually saying is that you can use their "standard" key on a 1913 rail but it will be a little loose.

It also says that some guns with a Picatinny rail still need a "standard key depending on the construction of the actual rail". That means that some guns don't really build a rail to true 1913 specs and their slots may be a bit narrow.

The recoil groove (what they are referring to as a "slot") on the 1913 rail is a nominal 0.206" wide; the width of their 1913 key.

Streamlight's "Standard Key", a.k.a. "Glock Key", a.k.a. "Universal Key" is 5/32", or 0.156".

This confirms their statement that you can use their "Standard" key in a 1913 rail but it will be loose.

If you have a 1913 rail, you use a 1913 key.

I've attached a screenshot from a page in the 1913 spec showing the "slot" width.

Thank you sir. Thanks for the additional information and thanks for the clarification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts