SIG Talk banner

New P225- now looking for extra mags

2953 Views 41 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Thompson415
I picked up a 225A1 last week, and I'd like to get some extra mags. I've seen them on the Sig site ($44!), and at Top Gun ($33- better). Before I order some from Top Gun, does anyone know of a better price?
As far as the gun goes, it's the best Sig I've owned, for me and my likes. I haven't held or shot one that agrees with me more.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Reactions: bearone2

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been using 3 SIG mags, so far so good.

I also love the 225-A1. Getting closer to beating out my 229, as my favorite SIG!
That's where I'm at. The 229 has been my favorite, and the 225A1 hasn't disappointed- other than less rounds, the 225 is similar sized and weight, with a better fitting grip (for me).

· Registered
2,354 Posts
I bought a P225A-1 as an in case Hillary bans mags over 10 but have not shot it as I love my M11A-1s (Now that I ground down the tip of the SRT trigger).

I know if I shoot the P225 I will not want to part with it hence why it is unfired at this time.
Plus I like at least 6 mags for any one gun (I have 15 for my 2 M11A-1s)

I know Topgun is a couple bucks cheaper but I am not sure what the final price was with shipping and its the final price that matters

· Registered
473 Posts
Yea, no promags.
Top Gun is currently out, too. I'm on their email list.
I thought I found you a deal but of course they were ProMag

Reactions: bearone2

· Registered
473 Posts
I still appreciate the link.

I'll post it when I get back to my laptop I can't remember the exact site. I think they were $15.99 so like I said I thought I found you a deal until I saw the brand [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
473 Posts

· Registered
852 Posts
TGS is the best thing going for mag prices. They are actually cheaper than what I can get them direct from Sig with my Armorer discount. I'm on the email list too as I expect I'll but 9 more then I will be set for life as I already have 11 between 2 guns.....figure that I use 10 on a regular basis-3 to carry, 3 in my day bag, and 4 for range/match use.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here it is 8rd & 10rd mags
That is a good price, but they won't work. There is a difference between the original P225, and the new 225A1- the mags aren't interchangeable. Original mags are easy to find; not so much for the 225A1.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are these it? (Link)

I've dealt with Vizard's (lots of mags and ammo), and they've been 100% every time. They also seem to have the best prices, and a flat shipping of $15
While they don't have a photo of the magazine, the SKU is the same as on the Sig site. I think they are right, in stock, and a better price. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.