SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a new P225-A1 Nitron came home with me today. I was deciding among this, a P239 SAS Gen2, and a M11-A1. I have researched and read extensively on each of these guns, and wanted to do the side-by-side-by-side comparison. For me, it came down to how well the ergonomics of the P225-A1 fit my hand and comfort. The M11-A1 was a fantastic gun, and I would have chosen it, but the thicker handle due to being a double stack made for just too far of a reach for my trigger finger to the trigger, and thus made for a difficult and uncomfortable pull on DA. On the P239, it was a similar story on the reach to the trigger, but not as severe as with the M11-A1. The P239 just didn't feel 100% right to me, though it is a very nice gun and I am sure would conceal pretty well. Ultimately, I think the undercut on the P225-A1 trigger guard made the important difference for me, and that gun fits me very well. I feel I made a great decision for me, and I am really excited to shoot it and get it into its expected role as my primary EDC.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Get it cleaned up and lubed up, and broken in!!
I'm sure you will be pleased with it, as so many members here, are with theirs!

I personally, am staying away from the P225-A1, since I have 2 of it's predecessors, a P6, and P225. I bought the P225 new in '97, and choose it over a P239 9mm at the time, for about the same reason as you!

Here 20 years later, I have finally came full circle, and finally just purchased a P239-.40 and have got it broken in, and on my hip.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Warm welcome to SigTalk from southeast Florida just across Alligator Alley.
Congratulations on your new P225-A1. Based on all my reading it is a great well balanced and accurate gun. I do not own one yet, but who knows ? Within a year I have acquired a P239 9mm, P229 Nitron, M11A1, and most recently a P229 SAS with 40, 357 and a 9mm conversion barrel which is my EDC with the 357 Sig barrel. The others are strategic guns thru out the house in addition to a 12 ga. shotgun. I am not paranoid, just prepared. After all, this is why we are called the GUNSHINE State by the anti's.
Enjoy your new gun and may you spend lots of $$$ on ammo.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Congrats on your new P225-A1!!! I have several more powerful pistols - but none more luved!

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun barrel

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, I am very excited. Have to figure out a holster and would welcome your thoughts and experiences. For my body and general wardrobe, AIWB is my preferred carry position. I use MTR Custom Leather Adversary (A-3A) holsters (https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/product/a-3a-tuckable-adversary-holster/) for my P290RS and P238. I question whether the P225-A1 might be a bit big? I am partial to leather, and want something with a sweat shield with an enclosed holster end. I have read through a couple of other threads and searched suggestions contained within, but a more current perspective would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
When looking at commercially made holster and don't see one listed for the P225A1, a holster for a P239 will work just the same. I have been using a Safariland IWB holster for a P239 for about a month now and like it. I also have a Mitch Rosen OWB leather holster from Sig for day I want to carry that way, or to shoot IDPA in the CCP class.

To me its the best 9mm I own and I wouldn't want anything else than this as I have tried to convince myself of "bigger and better" things but I keep coming back to this one.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Congratulations!
I affirm your conclusion. The 229 has always been my favorite Sig Sauer pistol. For my hand, the 225-A1 fits better. So, it is (almost) everything to me that the 229 is, and then some. I am not concerned about the lesser capacity. Everything about the model is so superior for me, that I can get past having fewer rounds.

Reactions: Ranger514

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that suggestion Duckman, I just ordered a D.M. Bullard "Combat" model holster and a high rise mag holder for my P220 that I need to take with me next week. They are CUSTOM MAKING it to have it delivered to me by next Friday before I leave. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

Will check out the IWB holsters they have for the P225-A1.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Don't use leather much any more. My P225 fits in our SIG P228/M11-A1's OWB kydex and this SG IWB hybrid.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! I want one of those real bad but the State of California says "NO!" There doesn't seem to be very many of them floating around used here either. Thinking those who have them are keeping them.

Guess I'll just have to stick with my P226.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put in an order with Nightingale Leather, a customized fully-lined Kestrel IWB with a closed bottom, double loops, and a matching magazine carrier. Spoke with the owner/leather craftsman Kevin, and he was 100% helpful and just a great guy to speak with. He loves talking guns and leather, and what's wrong with that??? Nothing! VERY long lead time of 28 weeks, but based on the photos from his website, his work will be well worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.