SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

New P225 A1

8K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  ThnkFrst 
#1 ·
Just picked up my new P225 A1 from my local ffl. What a sweet looking gun in person. Scored a great deal on GB. Dealer counter gun for $660.00. Looking for a iwb . I think my P320 experiment is done. I am liking black guns and their trigger so much more.

#13 ·
Congrats from another Houston member.

#19 ·
I carry my P-225A1 in either a High Noon Holsters Double Jeopardy or a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. Silent Thunder a little easier on/off so it is my go to for a couple of hours at a time. The Double Jeopardy is a great all day long holster. I prefer leather over Kydex enough so that these two holsters are the same two I carried my P239 in.

#21 · (Edited)
Welcome from the NW corner of Houston Flashman and congrats on your new P225.
I shoot either at Hot Wells (outdoor), Athena or Boyert off of Westheimer.
Used to shoot at Memorial Shooting Center but since I can't collect my brass there they won't get any more business from me.

The ones with the "racing stripe" are the classic carry models.
They also sport a SIG logo on the top of the slide and different colored G10 grips.
Me personally don't care for those "features", even though they are just cosmetically.
I would get me either the standard P225A1 in all black or the one with the wood grips, even though the classic carry models can be found for less than the others.
IF I would end up with a classic carry, I would send the slide to SIG to have it bead blasted to bare stainless steel.

Reactions: 229xtrm
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.