SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I picked up a 210A Standard from the Sig Pro Shop yesterday, and I was doing my initial takedown and cleaning and noticed this aberration on the hammer. Seems to be about half a mm or so deep. Is this something to be concerned about, or is it just something that can happen with MIM parts?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not a problem Fox Trot - just checked my P210A Tgt and it is identical. It's as designed. My pistol has been in service since 3/18/18 w/ over 2500 rounds and no problems. Clean it, lube it. and get out and shoot it! Have fun its a great pistol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear Rhino. Sig CS hasn't gotten back to me, so I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. That'll have to change today!

·
Registered
55,329 Posts
That's good to hear Rhino. Sig CS hasn't gotten back to me, so I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. That'll have to change today!
call, don't wait on a return email!!

Reactions: P320C

·
Registered
254 Posts
My P210A hammer looks the same. No issues. Shoot and enjoy the gun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my P210A today. Just took it apart and I have exactly the same cut on the hammer. I think this is as designed. Probably some way to cut costs during manufacturing :)

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
There is no need for SIG to do anything. That's the way the hammer on the American P210 looks. MIM.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Here is pic of the hammer of the American P210 compared to the Swiss and German P210 hammers. The American's pic is not that great (nasty after 1000 rds), and I no longer own it, but you can see the same indentation there. Typical MIM look. You don't see that on the Swiss or the German gun.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
To those who have the same "cutout" on their hammers, does yours also have the same divot looking pock mark in the middle? Looks a bit flaky to me, like there might be a void or fault in the MIM part.

·
Registered
944 Posts
OK, after reading the above posts I was motivated to take my P210A Target out of the safe to check the hammer.

I do have a similar indentation on the hammer but it is not nearly as pronounced. Even with a relative strong light source, it is hard to see. And that dimple in the middle is almost nonexistent.

I took delivery on my P210A in January of 2019 and the manufacture date on the case is December 4, 2018.

Pretty certain that SIG will tell you that's normal.

BTW, considering the price difference between the Swiss/German made P210s ($3,000 - $6,000) and the USA made (I paid $1,350), I can live with that dimple. I have several thousand rounds through my P210 and it has performed flawlessly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts