SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a long time I had no interest in this pistol. That all changed after holding one for the first time. I own a CZ Shadow 2 and a Tactical Sport for range toys. After picking up a new P210 I have to admit I like the Sig better. Since I don't compete the 8 round magazine capacity doesn't bother me. Although I keep hearing a rumor that Sig will have a forthcoming Competition model with a high capacity mag to compete with the CZs, now that should be interesting if it in fact happens. The grips on this Target model have to be held to truly appreciate, they are in a word FANTASTIC.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
The SIG P210A is a graceful, chic, sexy looking pistol. The only change I made to my Target model is to install Standard grips. The single stack mag, and slim grip, is part of this.

IMHO adding things like utility rails, scopes, etc., to try to make this into a "race" gun, would ruin it.

The P210 served the Swiss military for 50 years, like the 1911 did for the US military. The 1911 has been made into the ultimate race gun. They can probably do something similar to the P210, but I'd have no interest.

BTW, none of my 1911's have rails, scopes, compensators, etc.; just not my taste.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats and sounds like your enjoying he new 210.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Charles Petter's design is one of the finest ever conceived for a handgun.

My P210 is a Swiss military pistol (retired) in 9mm. I have nothing else that even comes close to it in terms of accuracy, balance and utility.

I do have an outstanding CZ Shadow2 and other handguns for everyday usage. The Shadow2 (and CZ75 lines) share some of the foundation design features of the P210 (the wrap around engagement of the slide to frame, for example). But the P210 also has the unit action that can be removed for work.

The P210 is, in many ways, unique in my collection. One of the finest handguns ever made.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Congrats on your P210 - Great shooter with terrific fit 'n finish!! Luv dem extended wooden grips too. Have them on several pistols here. They feel just right in my hands and looks great to boot!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
There were a couple of the 210A and Target at the gun show yesterday. The 210A was $1199 while the Target was $1499 iirc. If it weren’t for the 8 round mag, I could have bought the Target model.

Another reason I didn’t go for it was, I already have a CZ Czechmate, TSO and shadow 2 and I compete in USPSA, I really don’t have a need for the 210.

They’re nice guns but I’ll just stick with my CZs for now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I finally made it to my range this morning and even though it was only 35 degrees outside I was amazed at the accuracy and smoothness of this pistol first time out. The ergonomics of the target grips is fantastic as is the trigger. I even think this P210 has a better trigger than my Shadow 2. If Sig ever adds a higher capacity magazine I think you'd be seeing a lot of competitors adding a Sig to their competition rotation. The pistol is that good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts