SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi. Not new to firing guns, but new to ownership and Handguns. Just purchased brand new Sig P226 Nitron Full Size 9mm. Have just picked it up but have not had time to throw any lead thru it yet. Any tips prior to doing this?
Welcome to ST! Great pistol you have there!!

Pre-shooting? Probably a good field strip/cleaning. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi. Not new to firing guns, but new to ownership and Handguns. Just purchased brand new Sig P226 Nitron Full Size 9mm. Have just picked it up but have not had time to throw any lead thru it yet. Any tips prior to doing this?
Welcome from a fellow NJ resident..

Take it apart and give it a cleaning and some lube.
Take it out and put tons of lead thru it..

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Welcome from PA!

SIGs love to be "wet". Oil and lube.

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska.

As mentioned, field strip it, clean and lubricate it.......fire !!

·
Premium Member
8,907 Posts
Welcome from Florida
Buy lots of bullets.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Welcome from Alabama the Beautiful! The P226 is a fine choice! Do a little research, if you haven't already, on the illustrious history of this pistol. You'll be impressed. As stated, field strip it, inspect it for damage (b/c believe it or not sometimes these things do come with broken parts), clean and lube it, and then go shoot it.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Welcome to SIGTalk and to the wonderful world of Sig Sauer!!! CONGRATS on your first SIG!!! ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome on board.
I'm by no means an expert as I learn something new every day, but in the last 37 years I managed to acquire some experience with handguns.
I still practice shooting at least twice a week.
Full frame SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been my favourite guns.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to.
Shoot safe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.