SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK purchased what I thought was a P320 Carry model.

The box says "Carry"; however it also came with two 15-rd mags which seems to indicate "Compact".

Looked up the specs and both the Carry & Compact have 3.9" barrels, so is the only difference the number of rounds in the mag (15 vs 17). The Sig website seems to have both of these up.

Saw another posting that had GEN1 & GEN2; verified I have GEN2.

Parts seem to be difficult to buy. After checking numerous gunshops I found spare 15-rd mags at the most pricey place in town (of course).

Anyways looking forward to being a part of sig-nation :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and enjoy your new SIG. Yes, the only difference is grip length, ergo mag capacity.

-Dan
Thanks for the quick response. Couldn't figure out WHY my box was labeled one way and what was in the box was another. I'll have to shoot better to account for the shorter mag. :p

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

Reactions: SigEmTexas

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Congrats on the 320c. I carry the compact and love it. Two rounds shorter grip makes it a lot easier to conceal. And if you have the desire, you can stick a 17 round mag in your compact. You can stick a 21 round mag in it if you like but it might print a bit. :) Have fun with your compact. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Welcome from the Florida Space Coast. I find the compact size the best carry gun for me in a IWB holster. I use one from black arch. 320 is a fine gun. Mine has over 2000 rounds with 0 malfunctions.

Reactions: SigEmTexas

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
SigEm Be sure the serial number on the pistol match the box !! Had a saleman grab a wrong box a handgun and fill out all the paper work off the box . Found it in my truck and had to go back in and start over .

Other wise the compact is easier to carry with that slightly shorter grip and I use full size mags as back up and no x grip gap filler is really not needed unless you have hands like a pro B ball player , maybe . You may also find some of the high round count 21 round mags that can work as back mags just find .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.