SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a non-railed P220 in near-new condition for a while now, and finally came across one that I couldn't resist. The pistol was sent back to Sig in 2022 for a SRT installation, slide refinishing and general inspection. In the original box, original paperwork with the letter from Sig Custom Shop detailing the work that was done last year.

Serial # - G248XXX (1995?)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

馃帠USA Veteran
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's a beauty! Nice score! 馃憤 馃憤 One question, is the pin that holds the trigger have the single slot like a flat head screw or is it serrated with multiple cuts? I can't see in the pic. Thanks.

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations, that's a beauty! Nice score! 馃憤 馃憤 One question, is the pin that holds the trigger have the single slot like a flat head screw or is it serrated with multiple cuts? I can't see in the pic. Thanks.
Good question. I believe it's serrated, but I only have the pics at this point, won't have the pistol in hand for another week or so.

Reactions: jkallner

馃帠USA Veteran
Reaction score
Good question. I believe it's serrated, but I only have the pics at this point, won't have the pistol in hand for another week or so.
Okay, I ask because i have one 220 with the serrations rather than the single slot and it's just a little trickier to manipulate it to correctly get the block in. Not that big a deal, it's just the only classic I have that way and I'm not mechanically inclined enough work it with ease as I can with the single slot version.

馃帠USA Veteran
Reaction score
P220's have the serrated trigger pin.
Geez, you are right - I thought I had one of each, but they are both serrated. And I thought I was sharing wisdom, not ignorance. Thanks for straightening me out, but I have to wonder why they have it different. I haven't found the key to manipulating it to have the block slide in as easily as the other single slot version.

Premium Member
Reaction score
The slot makes sense on the other P-guns to align the trigger pin for locking insert installation. I have no clue why the P220 is different. I've only completely disassembled my P220ST once (purchased used). I really can't remember how easy (or hard) the locking insert installation was. If I remember I pinched both sides of the pin with my thumb and index finger, and pivoted it that way.

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhhh. Another example of 鈥減remature pictureazation鈥 a week before! Don鈥檛 rattle our cage unless it鈥檚 feeding time! 馃槅
On a serious note, congrats. Great looking Sig. Was it a one owner gun? Looking forward to more photos!

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhhh. Another example of 鈥減remature pictureazation鈥 a week before! Don鈥檛 rattle our cage unless it鈥檚 feeding time! 馃槅

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, I like them as well, as other Sigs without accessory rails, too...;)

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, folks. It looks like a real gem. I should have added that it does say "Made in W. Germany" on the R. side of the slide, although I'm sure some of you already assumed that. ;)

Registered
Reaction score
Nice find. I picked another one up myself a few weeks ago.
The frame tweaks they鈥檝e done on the p226 have never really bothered me, but a P220 is just so elegant in its original form altering it seems wrong. Maybe it鈥檚 because the 226 is itself a variant, and our 220s (other than moving the mag release) represent the template for all that followed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts