SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 2¢... the grips and sights are definitely upgrades. But the bling does nothing for me... if you kept the shiny controls and give me the SRT instead, I'd be interested. Also, when did Sig remove the MSRP from their site?
Agreed 100%. I just saw the ad. "Custom Shop", but no SRT? Sounds more like a gimmick to me. Sadly, SIG does that a lot. Lots of flash, but not a lot of "upgrades". Example, I have a P229 Elite. It's a Legion, but $150 less because It doesn't have a Legion logo on the grip.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agreed 100%. I just saw the ad. "Custom Shop", but no SRT? Sounds more like a gimmick to me. Sadly, SIG does that a lot. Lots of flash, but not a lot of "upgrades". Example, I have a P229 Elite. It's a Legion, but $150 less because It doesn't have a Legion logo on the grip.
My idea of a "custom shop" gun:

• P22x Nitron (include M11-A1 and MK25)
  • Standard (long) trigger w/ SRT and EAP
  • XRAY 3 sights
  • Those new Hogue grips
The upgrades would all be performance-based, w/out the unnecessary aesthetic/bling "enhancements."

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Learn to add your own SRT. You can buy the parts for $50, and install it yourself in 20 minutes. Not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have no idea what the street price are on these, but I would definitely take the legion enhancements over this which seems mostly cosmetic.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
How about reducing the DA trigger weight to 8lbs instead of all this over priced cosmetic stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts
From my past dirt-biking days, this would be called “BNG” (bold new graphics) to signify a new model year’s lack of meaningful changes.

But, the analogy is limited. MX bikes evolve significantly every few years while my 2017 P226 is not much different than my 1988 P226. Thus, the gun’s durability & resistance to functional obsolescence creates a challenge for Sig. How does it maintain consumers’ interest, which is generally geared towards the flavor of the month?

Thus, I can’t blame Sig for these superficial marketing efforts to re-dress a still-perfectly-adequate P226, etc. The strategy worked for the Legion. Regardless of how you perceive the Legion branding, you must admit that Sig generated a lot of sustained attention with that strategy. I doubt the Nightmare will be as successful though.

Ultimately, if we want Sig to focus on basic Nitron models with limited improvements (SRT, G10, etc), we need to show up with our wallets and buy enough new (not used) products.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The Nightmare is an "Equinox Lite". Get the SS-trimmed slide and replace the G10's with the Sig wood grips, and you have an Equinox all over again.

Looks like Sig is trying to get rid of a large inventory of Equinox controls. Strange.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Couldn't the same be said about pretty much every version? Remove the front slide serrations, and you have this. Change the sights and you have that. Put these grips with FDE, and it becomes that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The Elite is NOT a Legion with just grips. :rolleyes: I have both. The Legion also has Gray Guns trigger and UNDERCUT GRIP. For me I like the Legion better. Grips don't matter to me, I sold my Legion grips and put E2's on mine and am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
So just standard Sigs with nickel accents and a different (-looking?) set of grips? Not even the Legion contours or trigger work...and not optics-ready? Not even a special black-coating, right? I thought they were supposed to be getting away from the whole SKU-bombing thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Several years ago I sent my W German 226 to Robar to get Roguard on the slide and frame (the finish had been damaged). I decided to get the internals coated in NP3. When it came back with NP3 on the trigger, hammer, decocker, slide lock takedown lever and grip screws I practically cried. It has grown on me since then but it took some getting used to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Elite is NOT a Legion with just grips. :rolleyes: I have both. The Legion also has Gray Guns trigger and UNDERCUT GRIP. For me I like the Legion better. Grips don't matter to me, I sold my Legion grips and put E2's on mine and am very happy with it.
You may be right, but I have two Legions, both were sold as having an SRT trigger. The Grey guns trigger (which is an SRT hybrid) seems to be a newer offering. But again, I may be wrong.
I upgraded the grips on my 229 Elite with Hogue, but some love the factory 229 grips.
My only point was is that Sigs marketing department seems to have a knack for "bling" over substance. Take the hard cover case that comes with a Legion. Useless with no handles. It just looks good yet is sold as a major offering. I gave mine away.
I actually talked to Sigs marketing department years back. They insisted they were "working on" more useful accessories like a small range bag and things of that nature. I'm still waiting :confused:. Tells me they're just dreaming up new "cool" looking stuff over substance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't mind the nickel controls at all. I have a P229 with Stainless Steel (un-anodized) slide with nickel controls and I like the looks. Rebuilding another P229 and P226 and thinking about creating the same look but keeping the black slide.

When you get right down to it, fabricating certain looks can be easily achieved if you are able to locate the right parts. I do like the grips on this new Nightmare line. So if $160 will buy me the nickel plate controls and grip screws and another $150 will nab similar grips, then it looks like I can create the look and save perhaps $800.00-$1,000.00. Functionality wise, they are all DA/SA. Since I am already rebuilding a P229 I need to change the DAK trigger.

Hats off to Sig for regurgitating the same products with new looks and new names to keep the interest high and sales up.

As for not listing MSRP, that gives the retailers the ability to list at whatever the market bears. List on the new P320 AXG was $999.00-$1,100.00 but you will not find one for less than $1,600.00

·
Registered
37 Posts
So it lacks the legion trigger improvements? I guess one can send it off to be worked on that. The reduced size of the controls is likely not to be a thing either, which is nice on the Legions for carry. May just stick the legions, looks are great though.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts