SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an MPX-SBX today. Lightly used with only one magazine fired through it. The serial number begins with two letters, has a born date of 1/17, keymod handguard, and says multi caliber on the receiver.

I'm assuming that makes it a Gen 2? What does it matter what generation it is and how can you tell the difference? Do both generation mags work with a Gen 2? Has it had any recalls like a MCX? Anyone had issues with them?

I purchased it over all the other PPCs out there due to AR familiarity, Sig reputation and I know my wife will shoot it and grab it at the house if needed. She loves the AR carbine in 5.56, but admitted it was long for her and too loud.

Thanks! This is my first non handgun Sig purchase.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
There is a small difference in the magazines on Gen. 2 which is color coded on the magazine follower. The gen. 2 follower is tan and has different feed lips; the gen. 1 has a black follower. The gen. 2 MPX is said to have a gas port that is .005 in. smaller.

Bill

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your link brings up the topic of caliber conversions on the MPX. At this time, there is no such thing, i.e. caliber conversions of the MPX are vapor-ware.

My advice is to not believe in caliber conversions for either generation of MPX until they are actually shipping.

Bill
I spoke with a SIG customer service person about a month ago asking about availability of the 40 S&W conversion kit. He said demand was so high for the 9mm that SIG had no plans to retool to make barrels in any other caliber at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.