SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear people complain about the MPX magazine prices and rightfully so. I don’t own a MPX partially because of the cost of the magazines but this new mag could change that. THRiL is the company that makes the magazines for the PSA AKV which are considered by many to be the best available CZ Scorpion pattern magazine. Good news for many is they are now making mags for the MPX. They are available for preorder right now, here’s the link,

https://www.thrilusa.com/gear/sm9-mpx-mag/

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for the information, I will wait to see how the reviews are. While not cheap at about $50 each, they are a small cost as compared to keeping this thing feed.:D

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Looks like the feed lips are made of polymer. I’ll probable buy two for practice use (especially reloads) only and leave the sig branded mags for match use only.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If they make them like the AKv Mags but for the MPX it will be a homerun. But the price needs to be closer to AKv mags under $20...
I picked up a bunch of Gen1 MPX 30rd mags a while back for under $20.
IMHO the only reason the MPX mags are so expensive right now is supply and demand. Lancer mags are not too expensive normally.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Looks like the feed lips are made of polymer. I’ll probable buy two for practice use (especially reloads) only and leave the sig branded mags for match use only.
Look closer there looks like SS feed lips in there like the AKv mags.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Look closer there looks like SS feed lips in there like the AKv mags.
That would be great!

Yeah, price have to be more in line like the AKV mags. I just want some mags for reloading practice. The feed lips get beat up on mine since I load them with dummy rounds to simulate USPSA match conditions especially when shooting classifiers.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Thanks for the information!

Competition is always good for consumers. However, I need MPX mags now! My state is going in the direction of gun control due to Seattle getting shot up too often.

Bill

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Interesting... I found a link on their FB page where they were promoting "Pre-order 2 MPX mags and get 3 free AR mags". When you click, it takes you to your cart with 3 of each in there. I changed the amount to 2 MPX mags and it still shows the 3 AR mags free.

Looking at a review for their PSA U9 mag review, it states "The new PSA U9 mag is an extremely durable magazine with several awesome features. It is constructed with the THRiL polymer-matrix (PMX) material for extremely high durability and performance. This PMX technology provides exceptional impact resistance. The magazine also contains stainless steel feed lips and an elastomeric strike plate to help improve performance from many other magazine options. It is very easy to load and cycles rounds through very efficiently and smoothly. This 9mm magazine is also bigger than many others you might already own and can hold up to 35 rounds, offering a new viewpoint in the debate between 20 and 30 round magazines."

I would think the MPX mags would be of the same construction.

The reviews for their other mags seem solid. I decided to pre-order 4 for the range and got 6 free AR mags. $39.95 apiece, 35 round capacity, free shipping, no tax...just have to wait for March 31st.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Did you click on the second link in my post? When I do, it takes me here:

Pre-filled shopping cart with 5 mags total, no price on AR mags.

·
Registered
559 Posts
For $10 more, I'll just buy the Sig's, I already have enough AR mags. Now if in a year everyone's complaints about the MPX platform are solved by the PMX mags I'll reconsider.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
CDNN has Gen II/KM 30 rd mags for $49.99 as we speak.
They are $60 at CDNN as we speak. Note that THRiL is giving a free AR mag with every MPX mag. I'm going to pick up two and give them a test. I prefer Lancer mags for all my rifles but this is worth a look.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are $60 at CDNN as we speak. Note that THRiL is giving a free AR mag with every MPX mag. I'm going to pick up two and give them a test. I prefer Lancer mags for all my rifles but this is worth a look.
Actually at the time he made that post they were $50.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts