·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here,
Only one sing in my part of the safe 229 40 DAO with a serial # prefix of AB
GF owns and shoots a sig 320!

Shot a 229 legion today and wow nice range rental
So the big ? My 229 slide would it fit work/run on a new 229 legion in 9mm?
Or a new m11A1.

Pics of my 229

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
Yes. The newest generation of P229s (which includes the M11-A1) are built on the .40S&W/.357Sig frame of old.

You should have no issues.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
New member here,
Only one sing in my part of the safe 229 40 DAO with a serial # prefix of AB
GF owns and shoots a sig 320!

Shot a 229 legion today and wow nice range rental
So the big ? My 229 slide would it fit work/run on a new 229 legion in 9mm?
Or a new m11A1.

Pics of my 229

Welcome to Sig Talk from the southwest corner of Indiana. As Gone Ballistic In Alabama, stated, your slide may fit on a P229 Legion 9mm, or M11A1. My question, is why? If you don't like the DAO, you know that Sig can more than likely convert it to DA/SA, for only $199.95, and return to you all of the DAO parts they had to change out.https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/
If you're interested, call and check to insure that your pistol can be converted first.
Not trying to discourage you from purchasing a new Sig, by no means, but suggesting options to reinvigorate the old P229! It looks to be in pretty good condition, minus the missing grip screw.
Being an older non-railed model, it could make a sleeker EDC, if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My original thought process was a 3 in one keep the 40 slide, I have a 357 sig barrel also
And sell the frame to recoup some cash.
swapping it to DA/SA, I can get it done locally by a sig armorer for a bit less the sending it to sig.
Well parts are orderes decided to switch it to DA/SA. And start shopping for another sig lol

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Another welcome to the forum from Ohio

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I recommend start looking for a great deal on a German / W.German P226 or P228. I would not spend the $200 to convert it to DA/SA.

JMHO

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SigTalk from Alaska.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Welcome From Florida

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for the positives and warm welcome,
Ordered everything to convert action over To DA/SA, and also going to add a short reset trigger sear n safety. planning on doing the conversion myself
Awesome wealth of knowledge here,

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thank you everyone for the positives and warm welcome,
Ordered everything to convert action over To DA/SA, and also going to add a short reset trigger sear n safety. planning on doing the conversion myself
Awesome wealth of knowledge here,
Would you share where you ordered them from?

Top Gun publishes a list of parts required for the conversion in their FAQ section. I priced them from the TG site and it came to a little over $200 not including grips.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would you share where you ordered them from?

Top Gun publishes a list of parts required for the conversion in their FAQ section. I priced them from the TG site and it came to a little over $200 not including grips.
From DAO to DA/SA
Ordered everything from Top Gun Supply except the hammer strut pin. These were not in stock. total was 83.69 W/shipping. Ordered hammer strut pins from Mid West Gun Supply. 2-5.00 pins cost almost 20.00 because of shipping. I ordered two just in case?
New grip screws from Hogue 17.00 n change. I ordered these prior to deciding on doing the conversion otherwise I would have ordered through top gun Supply. My 229 has the factory grips for the DA/SA action. Savings
I have also been able to source some hogue and G10 grips locally. so the grips have not been a cost factor. (Barter system)

This is all with out including if/when I order the Short reset sear and safety.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts