SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just a new member from Ohio. My enthusiasm for guns only started about fifteen months ago. I've rented and tried many handguns and I really like the full, ergonomic grip that Sigs offer and I really appreciate the weight of a metal frame for smooth, comfortable shooting. I also really like DA/SA with an external hammer and no active safeties to mess with.

I have 16 hours of formal training (CCW and home defense with a handgun) and I've sent about 6,000 rounds down range since finding the joy of shooting. Still, I can only describe my ability as "okay".

So... hi!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome from lake county. Having a sigtalk gun shoot in march if interested. The thread is in the guns section.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Welcome from Northern VA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another welcome from the County of Lucas................

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome from Tuscarawas County.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome from IL

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am interested in getting to know and meet locals who share interests. I am a member of Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH. Thus far, unless I already knew the person before I took up shooting, I've found it rather difficult to befriend other shooters. Perhaps it's because I'm focused on my shooting when I'm at the range, but it doesn't seem like the most social of venues..

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am interested in getting to know and meet locals who share interests. I am a member of Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH. Thus far, unless I already knew the person before I took up shooting, I've found it rather difficult to befriend other shooters. Perhaps it's because I'm focused on my shooting when I'm at the range, but it doesn't seem like the most social of venues..
That's because they're armed and dangerous! :lol:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome from Lorain County.

·
Premium Member
18,373 Posts
. . . I've found it rather difficult to befriend other shooters. Perhaps it's because I'm focused on my shooting when I'm at the range, but it doesn't seem like the most social of venues..
I've been fortunate to meet several fine people at the range, but mainly because they were clamoring to shoot my Red Ryder! But seriously, I've found almost all at the range to be very friendly and approachable. Normally starts with something like whatcha shootin' today and then just snowballs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been fortunate to meet several fine people at the range, but mainly because they were clamoring to shoot my Red Ryder! But seriously, I've found almost all at the range to be very friendly and approachable. Normally starts with something like whatcha shootin' today and then just snowballs.
lol well I did get some attention when I rented the S&W 500 Magnum revolver. Everyone in the other lanes gathered around to watch. Another time was a Desert Eagle .50AE.

I also briefly joined a local Meetup.com group and went shooting with them at a public outdoor range. That was a tad more social, at least until people were at the firing line, then all socializing seemed to stop. I did let some others try the Desert Eagle, including some smaller ladies, but I made sure to only load one round at a time and coached them on how to handle the recoil. That was fun despite giving away $1.50 rounds of .50AE! The only guy who didn't seem the least bit interested was firing a 410 gauge Judge/Governor. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome from Pa

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.