Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Just wanted to drop a quick hello. I have been around guns my whole life and have shot Sigs for the past decade. My dad has a few p239's and when i got my CCW i was interested in getting a p229 but ended up not liking the .40 i test fired. I have come a long way since then and currently am a big HK fan boy daily carrying a .40 USP. I plan to replace that with a P226 9mm once it gets delivered to my FFL.

I have already gained a wealth of knowledge off this forum, and appreciate the warm welcome in advance.

Jake

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Everyone here has gained knowledge from other members here. That's the beauty of the site. Friendly and helpful. It's good to have you join in the fun.
Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,249 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Talk forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns, I have owned at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is by far the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
In the past I've been an avid gun-hoarder; jokes apart I mainly collected K98Ks, Lugers, Mausers C96, 1911s and Colt Pythons.
Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of pistols wasn't making my life any better, so recently I thinned my collection, but since the COLT 1911 has always been in my heart I still own a bunch of them.
I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the great welcome all!

Welcome to our SIG Talk forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns, I have owned at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is by far the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
In the past I've been an avid gun-hoarder; jokes apart I mainly collected K98Ks, Lugers, Mausers C96, 1911s and Colt Pythons.
Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of pistols wasn't making my life any better, so recently I thinned my collection, but since the COLT 1911 has always been in my heart I still own a bunch of them.
I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.
You sound like you have a great collection! I just helped my dad sell a stainless python NIB to help fund a pool project. He purchased it in the early 90's but had other toys to play with and it never made it to the range. For the price we sold it at, we were happy to see it go to a great guy who had sentimental reasons of wanting one.

Fortunately the Gold Cup that Dad bought at the same time and was gifted to me 14 years ago is still nestled in the safe getting some beauty rest waiting of the next range trip.

Jake

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I use the excuse that it's hot here in San Antonio most of the time and that's why I CCW a Shield. But in reality, I think I'm just lazy. Have fun with that P226.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.