SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a MCX after shooting my co worker's MCX he got last week. Loved the gun, it shot like a dream and about 1-2" MOA with various ammo. After I ordered it, I find out about the recall. Scanning the forums I'm hearing lots of issues with the Gen2 BCG being out of spec and Sig taking several weeks to do the replacement. I'm hoping mine has already had the recall done or is a unaffected model (I'll find out this week when it shows up).

A few questions for those MCX owners.
1. Have any of you cut the barrel down to 14.5" and pin it? I'd like to run my Omega & ASR flash hider on it pinned.

2. How did it shoot suppressed with adjustable gas?

3. Any issues? I'm a bit concerned now. I've run LWRC piston guns at work and we have had ZERO issues with it. I was leaning towards them, but the folder sold me. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
It's only the early gen 1 that's being upgraded I believe. The only problem was with the 300 bo slam firing. Never had any problems with my 556 mcx. She just didn't like that Tula junk, she's a classy broad.
Well if you call "early" the first 25,000 (I believe that was the number). I don't think Sig started using the new assembly until late last year. I still have my Gen 1 since as you pointed out it really is only a possible issue with .300 BO. Seems like the recall was more a legal issue than a real safety concern. It is a fine gun and a joy to shoot.

· Registered
7,973 Posts
Congrats on your MCX order! My 16" 5.56 runs fine suppressed. Here's a range time thread with suppressed and unsuppressed targets.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/53326-sig-mcx-range-report-target-ammo.html

IMO, this new rifle platform hasn't had enough experience for barrel modifications to be well known. So, you're on your own to chop a barrel and properly size the gas valve's ports...

Cheers

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was under the impression that 11.5 vs 16 were the same other than barrel length. I'd only cut her down to 14.5 and pin ASR.

Any problems with grouping? I've read on the forums about issues but often they are overly exaggerated on forums or more specifically not as wide spread as it appears.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up rifle today from Quantico Tactical. Lucky me its a recalled version, ***? Brand new rifle that you walk out of the store with and can't even shoot. I ordered an aftermarket Hyper EDT trigger, so I guess I'm really screwed. Icing on the cake the ambi charging handle doesn't even work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.