SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up a new (assembled Apr 2017) MCX 300BL pistol with brace. Disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and re-lubed per the owners manual REV04

I gotta say the carriage assembly is quite the collection of parts. Took me a while to fit it all back together in the firing pin lock (not the firing pin retainer) and Op Rod assembly. I've had an MPX for over a year so I'm some what familiar with SIG's Carriage Assembly design on these two guns.

I noticed that the manual does not mention removing the Op Rod springs for cleaning yet they can be and doing so makes cleaning and re-assembly of the whole Carriage ***. easier. The MPX has you do it this way. I think SIG was trying to eliminate operator error?

Anyway hope to get her out to the range this Saturday so I can shoulder the heck out of that brace..:lol:

Reactions: Adiboo

·
Registered
84 Posts
Look into swapping out the Sig brace for a Shockwave tube and brace. I think you'll find it much lighter and folds nicely (especially if you slightly file down the contact point where the SW brace comes into contact with the receiver).
Enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.