SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I'm new to this board and 100% willing to learn, and share where I'm able to contribute.

Last night, I purchased the Sig M400 with stock sites, 30-rnd mag. Nice gun (I had looked at a few others, but like a great car, this one fit better!) The gun came with Magpul rail-mounted rear site with one factory installed up front. Nothing in any of the manuals said how to install the darned thing (rear site). Can anyone point me to a video they've seen how to get this done. It should be simple enough, but I figured I could/should ask my "betters."

Please forgive my ignorance as I am "late to the party" when it comes to hunting & shooting. I have spent a significant part of my life in quieter practices of fishing and camping, reading & learning, and for the last 8+ years helping others create home-based wealth and financial security for their lives. Although I'm a modestly high-ranking Black Belt who studies, practices and teaches multiple styles, I respect the Constitution, teh 2nd amendment(!), and the necessity of more-than-adequate, potentially lethal self-defense alternatives.

Thanks & God Bless!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome, and dido on what was said above. I do not have a M400 but I do have a LWRC AR platform. The rear sight (and front if removable) slide on the rail from the end. Loosen the set screw, slide on, and tighten.

Reactions: Durrcpd

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome, and dido on what was said above. I do not have a M400 but I do have a LWRC AR platform. The rear sight (and front if removable) slide on the rail from the end. Loosen the set screw, slide on, and tighten.
and rack the bolt!

just to be able to get "space" to slide the mbus rear sight on the rail...

btw the front attachment for the sling has a ribbet ? :confused:

This is normal ? :(

was specting a pin...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well you had your chance to get the frog green rifle like I did instead of the %#@*% brown one...uh...but noooo! :rolleyes:

pk380, I carefully drilled out my "rivet" to add set screws to my gas block and for a short time afterward I still reused my original sling loop by replacing the rivet with a small self-tapping sheet metal screw.

Worked just fine. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the brown myself:)
Obviously. :lol:

Lots of folks do and to each his own.

You'd never know mine was the OD Green Enhanced now, but I thought it looked pretty cool when I bought it that way, it just didn't look right to me after I added a black free float tube and then just the grip & stock remained green.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If a little heat won't do it then contact Magpul, occasionally tolerances stack with the sight being on the smaller side and the rail being a bit oversized.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It was very stiff to get the rear mbus on my m400. I used a mbus pro on front because of the railed gas block and that went on easy but the rear I used a polymer mbus and remember it was very hard. I had to pop the sight up to have something to hold on to, but be careful not to damage it. Get a good grip and start it at one edge and slowly slide it into place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.