SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm a fan of Streamlight products. However, I'm not a fan of buying a tiny sub compact handgun, then putting stuff on it that makes it bigger.
I've got TLR-7A's on P365XL's with TD rails and aside from my minimalist holster (Raven Vanguard) setup it really doesn't carry any larger with the light than in a holster without it. It adds no additional length and almost no added girth/bulk. The sub should be a little lower profile. On a P365 yes it's going to stick out.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I'm a fan of Streamlight products. However, I'm not a fan of buying a tiny sub compact handgun, then putting stuff on it that makes it bigger.
Yep. Also would require two new holsters (AIWB and Pocket).

Reactions: CovertCarry

·
Registered
669 Posts
Right. That's what I'm referring to.
The specific TLR 7 Sub model for the 365/365XL is #69401. Its product sheet states, "Securely fits on P365 rail systems using the provided key and jaw set."

So, again, if it is a "direct fit" I'd like to know how a device with keys fit a rail with no keyway.
Most likely a screwup by someone in the advertising department that has no idea what he or she is saying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It would seem that if they have a specific model number for the P365 they would have found a way to attach it. You probably shouldn’t stress too much over it.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I’ll wait to see how it compares to the other little lights. I have the icarus so the rails not the problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would seem that if they have a specific model number for the P365 they would have found a way to attach it. You probably shouldn’t stress too much over it.
I won't stress out over it, but would highly prefer to understand how it actually functions before committing my time and funds towards it. Just my own logic is all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I won't stress out over it, but would highly prefer to understand how it actually functions before committing my time and funds towards it. Just my own logic is all.
I pre-ordered mine. Puts me in the queue for an early one. If more info comes out and I don't want to make the buy i'll just cancel. For right now it seems the best option......

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
It’s the same specs/output as the TLR-7A. What’s there to compare? Should be another phenomenal option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews showed the olight was brighter than the TLR-7. I really don’t want a China made light and would just stick with a flashlight instead of a dedicated weapon light. If that’s the case. My rechargeable surefire lights up the area very well. And I don’t have to point my gun to see what made a noise.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Reviews showed the olight was brighter than the TLR-7. I really don’t want a China made light and would just stick with a flashlight instead of a dedicated weapon light. If that’s the case. My rechargeable surefire lights up the area very well. And I don’t have to point my gun to see what made a noise.
Just beware that Olight definitely plays the "We have more lumens!" game, but the devil's in the details - most of their weapon lights only run at the advertised 'high' setting for something like 30 seconds - 1 minute, and then throttle down significantly after that (but they don't do a good job of pointing that out in their product descriptions, unless you go read the tech specs).

When a company like Streamlight or Surefire lists their run-times for their lights, they're telling you the true run-time on that setting.

And yeah a WML is not for pointing your gun to investigate a noise (the exception being some professional situations) - that's what a handheld light is for. A handheld light and a WML are different tools, intended to be used differently.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would thing I'd like to know that if I find what made a noise in my house dead of night in the dark, it would be comforting to know my gun is already pounted. I like the idea of a mounted light much better than a separate flashlight.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I'm not sure why light discussions always devolve into a "one or the other" debate, as if that's the only choice. a WML and a handheld flashlight aren't the same thing, and they aren't intended to be used in the same way (though there may be some overlap).

Here's a radical idea - why not both?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Here's a radical idea - why not both?
Exactly.

Regardless of anyone’s opinions of WML or no WML, this light is going to be awesome. It’s going to allow you to easily install or uninstall a real light using just a penny or something flat. No $50 3D printed adaptor rails that you have to have to run anything but a couple low output lights.

I’ve got one on order and can’t want to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
After more looking and comparing sizes, it's really up to this or the Surefire. TL Mini 2 has enough bad reviews and China that I want to avoid that if I can.

I found a local shop that makes custom kydex holsters, so fitting it to a holster is not a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thinking I'll still get the regular tlr7a and the tac dev adaptor. Seems to be plenty of holster options and then if I want to put it on a compact I can. A bit more cost but cheap than this and a tlr7a down the road.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thinking I'll still get the regular tlr7a and the tac dev adaptor. Seems to be plenty of holster options and then if I want to put it on a compact I can. A bit more cost but cheap than this and a tlr7a down the road.
I’ve got two XL’s set up exactly like that and as soon as the new Subs and holsters get delivered the TLR-7A’s will go on other guns and the TD rail will go down the road. This is going to make for a slightly smaller overall package whichmeans slightly smaller holster bulk, and it will also make it easy to pop the light off to carry with a standard holster or minimalist holster.

I’d suggest buying the sub that designed for the P365 now and then buy another regular TLR-7A down the road for another gun if you need it. You’ll be buying different holsters, mags, and other stuff for its that’s not compatible so why not get it it’s own light too?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Only advantage of the sun is no rail adapter so it will sit higher on the pistol. Same stick out length in front of the gun.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts