SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

New Leather Gun Case

1K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Buckeye Blues 
#1 ·
I bought this new leather floral carved gun case off of the Classifieds here on Sig Talk. It's really very nice. Tom had mentioned in his post that it may have been made in China. & if it had, no worries as it is still very nice. Now, I hadn't had much time to look at this much less tell where it came from until today. I've learned that it's the real deal. Hand carved in Texas by 3D. It's a Nocona Floral Pattern if not mistaken. At any rate, I really like this gun case. Just wanted to share it with yall. I got it for my S&W 27-2 6" Full Target Model

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice. Does it zip around the perimeter and open up flat? I use those types when I go to the range and open them up on the table/shelf in front of me. Strict muzzle control rules at my club and when my pistols rugs are opened, the muzzle is already pointed downrange.

Mine are not as nice looking as that one. :)

#27 · (Edited)
I had a couple made by S.D. Myres, got away from me, though I kept one Myres for a 45. Heres a blurb on the holster you have:
Here is a pic of my Myres holster mad in the 1930s. View attachment 527349
WOW. That's a real gem 💎
Thanks for sharing that & the 411
& I would also like to point out that the hammer strap is an afterthought. The holster itself is plenty strong to hold the gun without a hammer strap. But, that's just the way ghey sent it to me & to be honest, I like the hammer strap as it does prevent the hammer from coming back (trigger is of course exposed /prevent negligent discharge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.