SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I picked up another Beretta. A Langdon 92 Elite LTT full size. First off, I have to say that this thing was CLEAN! If I hadn't found a few flakes of powder and a bit of residue in the recessed target crown, I would have thought it wasn't even fired. Dry too, except for the rails. Trigger was gritty. It looked as though it was hit with an evaporating aerosol cleaner.
After a good cleaning, (yeah, it didn't need it), and lube, (with a bit on the trigger and hammer pivot pins as well), it was pretty smooth. Not smooth like my earlier warmed over 92s, but nice. A few dry fire sessions and the gritty trigger disappeared.
So, off to the range. I shot it OK for the first outing. It felt a bit nose heavy. Maybe due to the Vertec slide and 4.7" stainless barrel. I noticed during my presentation that I was dipping down. Something to work on. We'll see.
Target was my first 25 shots through it. 115 FMJ.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice. I do like the grouping of your Kimber .45 better than this one :D.
Yup. Me too. I shoot the Kimbers well. This Beretta I need to work on. I may have to clean up the internals a bit like a few previous 92s, but being a Langdon I wouldn't have thought so.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Yup. Me too. I shoot the Kimbers well. This Beretta I need to work on. I may have to clean up the internals a bit like a few previous 92s, but being a Langdon I wouldn't have thought so.
You probably just need more time with it. I bet you’ll be shooting it as good if not better than the kimber once you have more trigger time with it.

A friend has one of those LTT Berettas and had me shoot it. I had fun shooting it.

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Congratulations!!!
Looks like we both shoot 1911’s a little more naturally. Thin grip pistols shoot very easily for me. The double stacks take a little more practice. Probably due to my small hands.

But that nice Langdon gives you the excuse to shoot it a lot. You know, break it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts