SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Kore Essentials gun belt buckles? I swore off using my belt from them a couple years back because of how unnecessarily thick it was. But apparently their new buckles are designed with AIWB carriers in mind, and are supposed to work better. For reference, I pulled out my old Kore belt and put it on with my current carry setup to illustrate how thick the buckle is/was. Note that I'm not using the slimmest holster out there, but the gun itself is quite skinny, and the buckle/belt still causes printing issues. Ft. my quarantine chub.
Arm Automotive tire Human body Sports gear Sleeve

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wear mine with the buckle at about the 11 o'clock position. Depending on pants or shorts, it may be between the first and second belt loop. I've always worn my belts like this with AIWB. No issues.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wear mine with the buckle at about the 11 o'clock position. Depending on pants or shorts, it may be between the first and second belt loop. I've always worn my belts like this with AIWB. No issues.
With other edc belts I also offset the buckle, but what’s the point in designing a belt that’s supposed to look like a “normal” belt if I have to wear the buckle off-center? Wearing the belt like that with a tucked in shirt is going to get you more weird looks than printing.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've had worse buckles. Having one print is just that - a belt buckle, centered over the zipper. Of course, anything bigger than that would be considered AIWB. The gun is the issue there.

Its why I carry shoulder - that real estate is already conflicted with a senior physique. It takes some serious abs to carry appendix. Just look at all the publicity photos. Always some buffed 30 something.

·
🎖USMC Veteran
2,548 Posts
that real estate is already conflicted with a senior physique. It takes some serious abs to carry appendix. Just look at all the publicity photos. Always some buffed 30 something.
[/QUOTE]
:iagree:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I only been using my Kore Leather Belt with dress pants. I also have their Tactical model which is good but I’ve been using a Vedder V3 belt for every day carry. Because of the minimal buckle the Vedder has. I still like the Kore. I also use a Groove belt for summer carry when I carry one of my 365’s.

The Groove has a minimal magnetic buckle and it’s not as stiff as a traditional gun belt. But I find it to be perfect with a 365 or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got too much of a gut. I could never wear appendix.
I'm pretty skinny, but I put on a bit of fluff over quarantine. Trying to get those washboard abs now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same reason why I only wear my Kore for formal events and such. Blue Alpha EDC is my go to. I also have a Stealth Gear Slim Buckle EDC belt as well. Both see much more wear time than my Kore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts