SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Hellcat OSP with a Shield Dot mounted. IF it had the P365 trigger, I'd still own it. :( -YMMV
Apparently this version also has a new “gen 2” trigger.

I’ve never fired live rounds out of a Hellcat, so I wouldn’t know what the “gen 1” is like, but I’m assuming you’re not the only one who didn’t like it if they’re already coming out with a gen 2.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not sure I see the appeal of taking a small concealment oriented pistol and then adding a bunch of accessories that increase the dimensions and weight.

The comp is "only" 7 extra ounces... or about the difference between going from an aluminum framed gun and a polymer one.:unsure:

Always happy to see new options appear but I looks like this one is geared towards someone with different tastes than I.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Apparently this version also has a new “gen 2” trigger.

I’ve never fired live rounds out of a Hellcat, so I wouldn’t know what the “gen 1” is like, but I’m assuming you’re not the only one who didn’t like it if they’re already coming out with a gen 2.
The trigger wasn't just bad....it was downright dangerous. It would lock up if you didn't pull it strait back. Did they really fix it? I dunno. Only time will tell.
I wonder if SA replaced the bad 'Gen 1' triggers? Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Another tactical timmie/poseuer creation to make them look cool 🤣.

I bet a lot of wannabes will be converting their Hellcats to imitate this setup.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see a practical use of a compensator on a self defense pistol!
Well the practical use would be a more accurate follow-up shot but I've never looked for real-world tested data that it actually works.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,960 Posts
Sorry not impressed. Don't care for Springfield products.

Reactions: Jslow

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The trigger wasn't just bad....it was downright dangerous. It would lock up if you didn't pull it strait back. Did they really fix it? I dunno. Only time will tell.
I wonder if SA replaced the bad 'Gen 1' triggers? Good Luck!
Yeah well that’s not gonna change unless they get rid of the trigger safety which I don’t see Springfield doing anytime soon.

I just watched a short interview with a rep about this model and apparently the difference in the new trigger is just that’s it’s squared out to get more finger real estate on it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had zero issues with the Hellcat trigger, although I do have an Apex trigger waiting for installation just because. I'm sold on the 507k, don't see what the Hex brings that the Holosun doesn't. And if I was going to add the weight and length of the comp I'd just carry my MR920.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I tried out a P365, P365XL and a Hellcat before I went with the XL.

I enjoyed shooting it and thought the grip felt good. I also really liked the sites on it. The only reason I went with the XL was for that "just a bit" more pinky finger real estate the XL provided.

The Hellcat OSP versions starts at $600... this is $300 more, but you're also getting a threaded barrel, comp and a RDS for that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have resisted an optic on my HC and sure don't want any other add-ons. I did install the APEX trigger kit and it is worth every penny. At $439 (LE pricing) the plain 'ol HC is sweet enough. If I wanted even the tiniest more weight to my pistol, I'd move up to a different platform. Having said that, it is none of my business what someone else wants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts