SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
did sig change the handguard of the 516 rifles?
i just came accross this picture on the website of my LGS

seems like they changed the handguard and the stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, but the stock seems to be the ark defence "enhanced sopmod buttstock Lite".
i thought they dropped that model in favor of the b5-systems "sopmod bravo"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sig went to go to the keymod handguard in 2016 but didn't seem to release that many of them. The keymod version and pictures were included in the 2016 catalog. 2017 models like my own seem to have reverted back to the version currently pictured on Sig's website. Maybe there's some keymod versions being circulated, but I haven't seem them in my LGS's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, i remeber, they did show a very similar keymod handguard in the 2016 catalog:

but the rifles in the catalog already have the b5-systems stock.

so the rifle from my LGS is probably from a limited production run that was made before sig started with keymod handguards (on the mpx).
this would also explain the ark defense stock.

thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
921 Posts
i hope they sell just the keymod handguard as a stand alone piece so i can buy it to replace the quad rail. i won't get my hopes up though

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ordered an extendend handguard from lancer systems at the end of last year, but they seem to be in the process of switching to M-Lok and so my order is delayed.
I just hope that I will get the new version.

·
Registered
921 Posts
i ordered an extendend handguard from lancer systems at the end of last year, but they seem to be in the process of switching to M-Lok and so my order is delayed.
I just hope that I will get the new version.
i would be all for the lancer handguard if it wasn't carbon fiber. i don't really like the look of it

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Don't know of any other 516 hand guards. Also, website photos are notoriously wrong, so wouldn't rely on those at all. Call the seller to confirm before buying anything online...

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts