SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I am new here. I recently bought my first Sig, a p320 RX. I wanted to try a pistol with a red dot and the p320 RX seemed a good choice at a great price. I am a lefty and mostly shoot HK's and Walther's since they were they most ambi friendly when I started shooting, but the new optics ready VP9 is not going to be available until the end of the year and I thought why not try a p320. I think I made a great choice.

There is no denying that a red dot equipped pistol makes for much greater accuracy, especially if your eyes are aging. And, while I don't think the p320 trigger is as good as the VP9 or PPQ, it's pretty darn good and with the red dot I easily shoot as fast as I can out to 15 yards and end up with palm sized groupings and much tighter if I slow down a bit. That's good enough for me.

The other stallions in my stable include an HK USP full size, a Walther PPS (my EDC), a Kahr PM9 (my winter jacket pocket carry),a Tikka T3 in 270 (my hunting rifle), a Radical Arms AR and a Mossburg 500. Not too shabby for a NYC kid :p

I just got a JM Customs holster for the Sig and retired the S&W MP9 that was on night table duty the past 5 years. I am going to shoot the stock trigger for a while but may try a Grey Guns or Apex replacement.

My next toy may be a 1911. Call me a heretic, but I always thought that an external extractor made more sense so have always liked Sig and S&W 1911's. Whoever make the first optics ready version will get my business.

· Registered
126 Posts
Welcome and in MHO you can't go wrong with a Sig. I had a P230 and sold it as I bought a 238. Currently have a C3 and STX with the 238. All are fine guns, smooth accurate and eat everything I feed them.

· Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to our forum.
Full size SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns, I've been an avid shooter and collector for decades and I never stop learning,
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.