SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up the new Colt Gold Cup Trophy 9mm today ! It's got some changes from the 2015 Gold Cups.

This model features an undercut trigger guard and checkered front strap that feel great in the hand. Grips are blue and black double diamond with the Colt logo from VZ Grips. I think they're some kind of polymer and are very grippy. The checkered steel MSH has an integral mag funnel attached. The trigger is still the wide style filling the full width of the trigger guard. The extended thumb safety on mine is very stiff. It takes two hands to go back to safe. I'll need to spend some time breaking that in. It's got a red FO front sight in what looks like a Novak dovetail. The pipette is permanent to the sight and is very bright.

Some of the markings are different from the older model to. The left side of the slide still says "Colt Gold Cup Trophy" but the right now only say "Colt Government Model". The serial number starts with 9GCX instead of GCT. Field stripping was easy and didn't require the included bushing wrench. It's got a dual recoil spring and standard length guide rod. The two ten round magazines have a plastic base plate with the Hi-Pro logo on them and the Rampant Colt stamped into the magazine tube. I've never used this brand before.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it next week.

Attachments

Premium Member
Congratulations. Enjoy your new weapon! ;)

Registered
That's quite something! Enjoy it.

I've been in love with the Gold Cup from the very first time I heard about it. These new ones can only be better than the original. Pretty sure you're going to love it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like they are moving in the right direction.
I don't question their technical ability to make fine guns. It's the business decisions they make that are the problem. Colt laid off another thirty people this week including most of the custom shop.

I understand that guns sales now aren't what they were during the Obama years but the custom shop normally has a 12-18 month backlog. They build Single Action Army revolvers not "tactical guns" on a ban list somewhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.