SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this last week, and I picked it up on Friday. 5th Gen G34 with Ameriglo night sights.

I did own an older G34 like 12+ years ago. So, I am familiar with the gun. But, I wanted one again. Time will tell if I send it off to get some customization work done to it. MAYBE next year. For now, it will stay stock...

Came in on Friday... I still have to go shoot it, but it's pretty cool :)

I've owned 7 Glocks over the years (plus 2 more since August) - I had mixed feelings about them. But, when I got a Glock 48 back in March, I started to like the platform again. And, I can admire the simplicity of them.

I picked up a 5th Gen G19 last month that has been my carry gun for about a month now. And, I was going to wait and get the G34 next year - but, I couldn't help myself :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is the exact gun I am hoping to replace my P227 SAS with. This may be blasphemy to post on a Sig forum, but I put the most time/training in with my glocks and shoot them the best out of all my guns.

My setup will be very similar to yours whenever I get the P227 sold. Gen 5 G19(with RMR) for carry and a gen 5 G34/RMR for Range/competition use.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well - range report is that it is awesome. Long sight radius makes it much easier to shoot tight groups.

I bought that 1st G34 5th Gen with the intention of eventually sending it to Taran Tactical to become a Combat Master gun. But, I got the G34 with Ameriglo night sights, and I really like it "as is."

So, I sold 2 guns, and I bought a 2nd G34 5th Gen. And, I had a little money left over. I used that, and some extra money I had, and I shipped it off Thursday to Taran Tactical. Unfortunately, I have a 6 month wait now.... But, I do still have the 1st G34 to play with while I wait. I think it will be a part time carry gun - for use in the winter.

Both of the G34s shoot amazingly well. In fact, the 2nd one I got had several shots go thru the same hole. I tried it out 1x to make sure all was well on Wed, before I shipped it off Thur.

So, 3 Glocks in 2 months. Not bad :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! I recently shot a Gen3 or 4 G17 and I really, really want to like Glock (especially for their 10mm setups) but I have somewhat short fingers, somewhat chubster hands, and the frame rubs my index finger at the proximal interphalangeal joint... annoyingly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I have smaller hands. And, the Gen 5s feel the best to me. I hate the finger grooves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts