SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first full-size Sig a couple of days ago. I'm going to bore you all with this story to see if I'm nuts or not. Lol. I went to the LGS fully intending to walk out with a Legion 226 or 229 9mm. The Legion 226 was the display model and looked like it had been handled by a billion people, and there were some "scuffs" for lack of a better description on the top of the slide that I couldn't rub out easily. I'm very particular about my toys being new and untouched. Especially if I'm going to drop that much money. So then I moved on the 229 Legion which was an LEO discount model and not regular stock. I qualify for this as a Paramedic, but all I had with me was my Ohio Paramedic card and not a department ID so they wouldn't let me do it. Being that I was well over an hour from home and no one was in the office at the FD to fax me a letter, added to the fact that I am super impatient, I let it go. The whole time I was looking at the Legions, the black MK25 kept catching my eye. It just looked like my kind of gun. So I checked it out. Of course the trigger was worlds apart from the Legion's, but it was still a good Sig trigger and I had to have it. The salesman goes to the back, comes back and informs me that the display is the only one they have in stock. So I looked it over repeatedly and TBH it looked like it came straight out of the box so I went with it. When I got to my truck I saw why it looked so good. It had literally been made earlier this month at the factory. I took it to an indoor range, put 300 rounds through it, and fell in love with it. I have smaller fat hands, so I ordered the E2 grip kit for it and just because I can, ordered the SRT kit for it. Very happy ending up with the MK25. Am I crazy for not going Legion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Crazy for not taking all three home....must not have the "Signess" yet.

I have owned all three that you mentioned. I had the 226 Legion SAO and traded it for a Sig 1911. The straight trigger was the best trigger of any pistol I have owned, including 1911's, but just couldn't manage the grip. Still have the 229 Legion and like it, wished they had an SAO, but the grip fits me fine. It's a keeper.

Recently traded for a NIB Mk. 25 and don't plan on shooting it, too much like the 229, but a really nice pistol. Good choice for your first Sig.

What's interesting is I just bought a 227 which is a big pistol with E2 grips and I shoot it much better then I did the 226 Legion...go figure.

So you made a good choice but now get in your car and go back for the other two Sigs you left behind

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Congrats on your new Sig. I like to be the one that scuffs up a new gun... especially when I pay top dollar. I highly suspect the 226 and 229 are still in your future. It's hard to wait for something you want but usually it works out well in the long run. Have fun with your new MK25. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Crazy for not taking all three home....must not have the "Signess" yet.

I have owned all three that you mentioned. I had the 226 Legion SAO and traded it for a Sig 1911. The straight trigger was the best trigger of any pistol I have owned, including 1911's, but just couldn't manage the grip. Still have the 229 Legion and like it, wished they had an SAO, but the grip fits me fine. It's a keeper.

Recently traded for a NIB Mk. 25 and don't plan on shooting it, too much like the 229, but a really nice pistol. Good choice for your first Sig.

What's interesting is I just bought a 227 which is a big pistol with E2 grips and I shoot it much better then I did the 226 Legion...go figure.

So you made a good choice but now get in your car and go back for the other two Sigs you left behind

Would've loved to, trust me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Welcome from northern CA from a former Buckeye.

Reactions: RAM1299

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Ohio.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Talk forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns, I have owned at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is by far the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
In the past I've been an avid gun-hoarder; jokes apart I mainly collected K98Ks, Lugers, Mausers C96, 1911s and Colt Pythons.
Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of pistols wasn't making my life any better, so recently I thinned my collection, but since the COLT 1911 has always been in my heart I still own a bunch of them.
I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

·
🎖USMC Veteran Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Welcome from Floridas Treasure Coast.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Welcome from Florida's West Coast

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.