SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. My P239/9 is my most used SIG (it's also my EDC 99% of the time). Add an SRT and you'll be good to go.
I tested it, trigger action is long - no SRT.

How much would it cost me to install a SRT kit?:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very nice carry gun. I freaking love the SRT in my P226.

I'm waiting now for a slim kydex IWB Wraith from Zorn holsters now for a comfortable carry P938. I'll let you know how it all works out. Gun and holster should be here by this weekend.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts

Depends on where you get the kit from, they normally run $45-$50 plus shipping. They appear to have stopped marketing a kit for the P239, which was the sear, safety lever, and trigger bar spring. The sear and safety lever the same as other model Sigs, so the P226/228/229 Kit should work, I don't yet know the significance of the replacement trigger bar spring, as it "looked" identical to the original. I had a 239 Kit ordered, or at least I thought it was enroute, to only find that it was "unavailable" (discontinued). I have a P239-40, I recently acquired, and want to install the kit in it, to match my other Sigs.

Unless another member has specific knowledge, of a problem, I'm going to order the general kit, and install it. If a problem arises, I'll just have to diagnose it, and make the necessary adjustments.

UPDATE I have found, that there are sources of the P239 SRT Kit, including Sig, Top Gun Supply, and possibly others. I had ordered mine through Optics Planet, which had a better price. They initially stated 2-3 weeks for delivery, which wasn't a problem. Then I got the aforementioned notice, which they still show concerning the P239 Kit. The UPC for the P239 kit is: 798681422159.

MidwayUSA, and Brownells had quit listing the 239 Kit, so at the time, I "assumed" that the Optics Planet notice was TRUE... Sorry for possibly starting unfounded gossip! - Willard

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Premium Member
21,849 Posts
Willard,

I've heard (read) the P239 SRT kit has a TBS with a trimmed end that attaches to the trigger bar. I can't tell any noticeable difference between the standard TBS and the SRT version.

FYI, I personally only buy P239 SRT kits now for all my SIGs. They all cost the same, use the same sear and safety lever, and I get an extra TBS for my P239. The P239 version is also more likely to be in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts

I bought an SRT kit from Midway USA for about $45 plus shipping. I installed three SRT kits at the same time in a 227, 229 and 239. The 239 was definitely the hardest because of the tight quarters. The only video I found on YouTube installed one in a 239 as a part of a total disassembly of a 239. It would be far easier to remove the locking block, trigger and trigger bar to give easy access to the area in front of the hammer where the parts go.

Me I was too lazy and toughed it out. But the effort was worth it. Now the reset on my 239 matches my other p2XX series gun. Go for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.