SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She just came in today about 2 hours ago. Gotta say I'm really loving this little Bren so far.
Feels exceptionally well in hand. The trigger is really light and fairly crisp. Really nice trigger imo. She must be hot off the press as the test target says she was test fired at the end of October of 2021. I won this little gal on Gun Broker for $1,302.00 - I saw that she was up for auction and that the bid would end the day after Christmas, so I thought, what the heck, I'll make a bid and see what happens. So, I set my max bid for $1,350.00 with absolutely no expectations of winning her. I was sure she would go for at the very least right at $1,600.00 - I even forgot about and didn't check the status until a day after the bidding was over and, lo and behold I won it.
Ya know, the reason I bid was because I thought that maybe, just maybe it being right at Christmas, most people may be tapped out or just not thinking about gun auctions with all that goes on around Christmas. And, I may be on to something. Reason I say that is because I looked around a bit and a week later another Bren just like mine went for $1,237.00! And, a new 6" Colt Python went for.$1,478.00!! At any rate, it was a good price - maybe dealer cost, I'm not sure.
I'll get some more pics up later today or this weekend. She's a very welcome addition to the 2 805 PS1 Brens that I have (1st gen Bren 11.5" guns) I've always LOVED my Brens and seems the Bren 2 Ms is very nice as well. Can't wait to see how she shoots. I don't expect her to be nearly as smooth as my PS1 Brens but, I've never felt anything smoother than those anyways. Not to mention she doesn't have a muzzle break like my 1st gen Brens, she has a flash hider. All the same she should shoot really nice. I know that the MAC Channel guy really loves his 8" Bren 2 .
We shall see. Thanks for letting me share fellas.

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,779 Posts
The Bren is on my wish list…

Reactions: bhrees and sigke

·
🎖USA Retired
3,654 Posts
Great grab. I have a Bren 805 S1 and love the heck out of it!

Reactions: sigke

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Probably just that Wes. I'm gonna shoot some 55 grain too. Gosh, she is really neat man.
Ya know, that's a better test target than my 11.5 Bren.
I am sure your ears will love it Paul.

I put a Synergy Linear Compensator on the 300blk pistol I had and it helped some. I would read up on ammo or buy some boxes of a few different grains and see what works best. I tried looking a minute ago and xm855 and M193 don't do too well in 5.56 pistols from what I was reading. I disliked subsonic ammo for the 300blk because supersonic ammo shot so much better out to 250 yards when needed.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am sure your ears will love it Paul.

I put a Synergy Linear Compensator on the 300blk pistol I had and it helped some. I would read up on ammo or buy some boxes of a few different grains and see what works best. I tried looking a minute ago and xm855 and M193 don't do too well in 5.56 pistols from what I was reading. I disliked subsonic ammo for the 300blk because supersonic ammo shot so much better out to 250 yards when needed.
Oh man, she will be one loud bitty for sure.
Those 11.5 Brens are really loud.
That's a good advice about reading up on the ammo. I'll do that. Bout all I'm concerned with this little gal is about a 100 yards. Ya know what I mean?
Lol, I really did not expect to win that auction.
Someone told me they put a supressor on theirs and they loved it. I may just SBR it and add a can too.
Then again I may sell the little basturd lol....
I dunno. I really doubt I sell her though.
Gonna be fun to peck around with though and she how she shoots and what ammo she likes.
I really wanna see how she groups at 25 yards, 50 yards and 100 yards as compared to the 11.5" Brens.
Btw, that's a good suggestion too about maybe putting a break on her. Those 11.5" Brens have breaks and my goodness are they smooth shooters.
Thanks Wes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.