SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

New Budget P229

995 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Nontypical
I was recently looking for another P229 that I could dedicate for my 22LR slide. I came across this one listed by Summit on GB. It looked a little rough and dirty in the pics, but it had what looked like a new 40 barrel and a legacy slide. It also had some wear on the rail from a weapon light. Turns out that it started its life as a 9mm and at some point it got a new barrel and slide. For $360 I figured why not. It was manufactured 12/15. WE29R-40-BSS-SRT. Overall it was in pretty good shape other than the scratches on the rail. Upon receiving it I stripped it down, gave it a good cleaning and new springs. I ditched the dirty E2 grips for a set of G10’s that I found used, but in great shape. I am quite impressed with it so far. I’ll get to the range with it next week and if it goes well, I may get some X-rays for it and make this my new 357 carry weapon instead of a dedicated 22. At least I won’t have to worry about getting it scratched or dinged up as it’s already been broken in.

Before
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

After
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Nice! If you do decide to go with new X-ray sights consider putting all the old parts back on and send her to Sig for the spa treatment.
Reactions: 3
Nice! If you do decide to go with new X-ray sights consider putting all the old parts back on and send her to Sig for the spa treatment.
Possibly in the future, but for now it’s going to be a budget weapon that’s reliable and accurate.
Reactions: 1
The opposite of a safe queen, the best kind of find. Shoot it like you stole it!
The opposite of a safe queen, the best kind of find. Shoot it like you stole it!
I really wanted to prove a point to a friend that wants to buy something but doesn’t want to spend much money. Looks aren’t everything and this weapon will have a purpose.
Reactions: 3
Looks great. Nothing worse than having a slide laying around that needs a frame.
Great job - love the clear job you have assigned to the gun, and the perfect level of investment for it. Well done!
congratulations!
It turns out that I bungled the serial number. It actually started out as a 40 not a 9mm, it came with the legacy slide.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.