SIG Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did run across the Ruger trigger, I'm just not really familiar with them at all. I suspect it's somewhat like the SIG version.

I'll see what Mr. Larue has to say, I'm not in a big hurry. And I may just do another Geissele.
Well, at least they're 100% honest about the situation. They told me a minimum of 10 weeks before they would be shipping them. So Geissele it is.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I decided to pull the trigger on the upper receiver. In two months they could be impossible to get..... they almost are now.

I actually have enough spare junk sitting around to complete this rifle if I choose to. But I'll wait and see if the other parts I pick will be available first.

APAR700705M7 – Aero Precision

Includes:
• M4E1 Threaded Assembled Upper Receiver
• ATLAS R-ONE Handguard of choice
• 16" 5.56 CMV Barrel
• Low Profile Gas Block and Mid-Length Gas Tube
• Product comes assembled
The muzzle brake that comes with this upper receiver is NOT pinned nor welded to this barrel.
ATLAS R-ONE Handguard Features:
• Full top picatinny rail for optional attachments
• Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
• Compatible with low profile gas blocks
• 1.3” Inside diameter
• 1.5” Outside diameter
• Compatible with mil-spec AR15 upper receivers and barrels

16" 5.56 Mid-Length Barrel Features:
• 5.56 NATO 16" Midlength, 1/7 twist, 4150 CrMoV, QPQ, gas port drilled
• .750 gas block journal
• Mid-length gas system, .0785 gas port
• M4 Feed Ramp Extension
• HP and MPI tested
• Standard A2 flash hider

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bolt carrier group solved.

I called my guy at AIM Surplus here in Ohio. AIM is having bolt carriers made to their specifications. Made in USA, high quality, machined from 8620 tool steel. Then coated with Nickel Boron. He said if you don't like it, bring it back.

It's on the way.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So I have all of the things coming.

Lower - Anderson Manufacturing
Upper - Aero Precision
Barrel - Aero Precision CMS 16"
Gas system - Aero Precision Mid length
Hand guard - Atlas R-ONE with M-lok, Full top picatinny
Bolt carrier group - AIM Surplus MPI Nickle Boron
Charging handle - Ambidextrous, Breek Arms Warhammer
Hardware kit - Aero Precision (includes levers, etc.)
Buffer tube kit - Aero Precision carbine length
Stock - Fab Defense GL-SHOCK AR-15/M16/M4, Shock Absorbing Buttstock
Front grip - Fab Defense M-LOK® PTK-M Rubberized M-LOK® Angled Grip Ergonomic Pointing Foregrip
Pistol grip - Magpul MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit
Trigger - Geissele SSA two stage
Magazines - Magpul Gen 3, 30 round
Optics - Sig Romeo 5 & Juliet 3

Everything is black. I don't think I missed anything. I decided to just get everything while the getting was good. There sure is a lot of back orders on manufacturers web sights.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have almost everything. The two items I ordered first haven't arrived yet.... I need the hardware kit and the trigger guard. Other than that, it's all here, inspected and in perfect condition. Ready for assembly.

Reactions: Papa Sig

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Still waiting on the lower hardware kit and a billet trigger guard to ship from Aero Precision. It's in stock, I ordered 05/01, selected 2nd day UPS, they still haven't shipped. Exchanged emails last Friday, they said it'll ship Monday. I guess I should have asked which Monday.... 😆

I just ordered the hardware kit from AIM Surplus like I should have from the start. The kit will be here Thursday. Costs less at AIM as well.

I ordered the billet trigger guard from Brownells. It should be here by Thursday as well.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have the rifle assembled, have performed all of the functional checks, all is well. I only need the trigger guard (due tomorrow), and then put the forward grip on and the new Vortex Razor Holographic Sight. I also have new Troy iron sights coming they'll be here Friday. After I sight it, and shoot a couple of rounds I'll post a photo.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I put the rest of the new AR together, the only thing that hasn't arrived is the Troy battle sights. Their busy bouncing back and forth between UPS and USPS, they're trying to decide who will deliver them....

I think it turned out well, it's nothing super special, just an assembly of good quality parts. I haven't shot it yet but will tomorrow. Everything moves and cycles super smooth. I made a few minor changes to the components, so I'll list the complete list below. You can buy an AR15 for less, but not with the same parts I used.

Component List

Aero Precision ~ $586.71

APRH100305C - Billet Trigger Guard w/ Logo - Anodized Black
APRH100385C - AR15 Lower Parts Kit, Minus FCG/Trigger Guard/Pistol Grip
APAR700705M7 - Aero Precision M4E1 Barreled Upper, 16" 5.56 Mid-Length Barrel, ATLAS R-ONE 15" M-LOK HG
APRH100151C - Aero Precision AR15/M4 Carbine Buffer Kit

AIM Surplus ~ $139.00
XAIMBCGNIBBDG - AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NIB 9310 MPI BOLT CARRIER GROUP

Anderson Manufacturing ~ $99.95
D2-K067-A005-0P - Anderson Stripped Lower Receiver, Spartan Molon Labe Logo, Anodized Black

Breek Arms ~ $39.95
BRK522 - Breek Arms Warhammer AR Ambi Charging Handle

Fab Defense ~ $57.65
PTK-M - front grip - FAB Defense Rubberized M-LOK Compatible Ergonomic Pointing Grip Combo Pack, Black, fx-ptkmcb

Geissele Automatics ~ $225.00
05-101 - Geissele SSA Super Semi-Automatic 2 Stage trigger

Magpul Industries ~ $87.09
MAG520 - MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1
MAG571 - Magpul PMAG 30 AR-15/M4 GEN M2 MOE 5.56X45mm NATO Magazine 30/rd Black Polymer
MAG626 - MOE® SL-K® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec

Troy Industries ~ $219.94
SSIG-FBS-R0BT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - Rear Folding Sight
SSIG-FBS-FHBT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - HK Folding Sight - Front

Vortex Optics ~ $499.99
AMG-HS02 - Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Gen II Holographic Sight

Total Cost of Parts
$1955.28

21 - 29 of 29 Posts