SIG Talk banner

New and new

199 17
Just got a P938 Rosewood, and I'm new to SIG.
Not any sort of fan of traditional DA/SA, so doubt I'll buy another SIG product, unless I get a really strong itch for a P210.
I'm in western Washington, used to shoot with a bunch of SIG fanboys who were disciples of Bruce Gray, have met Bruce on a couple of occasions, and he did some 'smithing on one of my 1911s; other than my Swiss surname, that's about my only connection to SIG, other than my new blaster.
Love the P938. I'm a cocked 'n' locked guy from way back, and the P938 is the perfect compact for us.
I shot an IDPA match a couple of weeks ago, the first shot fired from the gun going downrange on the first stage.
100 rounds later, I'm hooked.
Following threads about unscrewing guide rods, dysfunctional mag releases, and hoping none of it afflicts me.
Reactions: sigsrok
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome from Fla. I have mentioned this before, It seems to me that when the 7 round magazine is put into the gun it changes your grip. This puts your finger in a different position relative to the magazine release. This causes you to push the release when firing the gun, sometimes more so . Putting the stronger spring in the magazine release will keep the magazine from ejecting during firing. There have been other theories given.

· Registered
636 Posts
Welcome from Europe!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from Fla. I have mentioned this before, It seems to me that when the 7 round magazine is put into the gun it changes your grip. This puts your finger in a different position relative to the magazine release. This causes you to push the release when firing the gun, sometimes more so . Putting the stronger spring in the magazine release will keep the magazine from ejecting during firing. There have been other theories given.
I put some rounds through a couple of compact Walther 9mms, and managed to drop the mag from one of them mid-string; thought that I may have tripped it myself, being a lefty, but was unable to reproduce it by gripping, re-gripping, mis-gripping, and while I don't like making big decisions based on small sample sizes, with fewer than 100 rounds on either of the Walthers, had issues with both.
In 100 rounds of live fire, and a couple of hours of dry-fire, I haven't had any issues at all with the P938, and have even come to like the trigger, which on my example is about 5.5#.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.