Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently purchased the last Sig Sauer 516 Patrol rifle they had in stock at the local Gander Mountain store that is closing here in Austin (well, Round Rock specifically)... so it's my first AR-style rifle and my first Sig Sauer product.

I am generally delighted with it, but a little frustrated with the explanation of the 2-pt sling that comes with it. I found the Sig Sauer Academy YouTube page and found a 5 minute video about slings, but amazingly they didn't show how to setup the actual sling they included with their product?

So, I was hoping someone could link to a better explanation of ways to set it up. I thought it was a 2 point sling because it has two connectors, and the gun has 2 connectors, but in the video the 2 point slings are shown with the connection on the butt stock, which I don't want.

In any case, thanks for the welcome, and any advice or information about the sling in a 516 patrol rifle would be welcome.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, and Congrats on your new 516!! My rifle shipped with SIG's 3-point sling which I've not used. Suggest that before using a sling you should take a tactical rifle class to trained-up, so you can then decide what sling you should have for your specific applications.

https://vimeo.com/achamp1121/dsotm

Cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome,

I too was a little baffled with that sling. I am assuming they are shipping the same sling I got my 516 in 2013. I ended up getting the MS4. I like having the option of single and double point. There are a ton of options out there, so you can find what fits you best, even if it's the one that came with the rifle.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Congrats on your new Sig 516. I use the MS4 as mentioned above. I have no idea what slig came with your rifle. Watch some videos are attend a class also mentioned by another. You will have a good idea what you want and how you want to carry and utilize a sling. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts

Not sure if you'd find this video useful...

Some very tacticle sling - fu.

EDIT: It's be even more impressive if SIG came up with a sling that didn't snag on warrier gynecomastia.

Reactions: Steve40th

·
🎖USN Retired
7,720 Posts
Tactical class would help. Then, you will see what others use, and how well it helps in what the use of the rifle will be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.