SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added another Sig to the stable today in the form of a 9mm 2022. I absolutely love the gun, but didn't notice until I got it home that the front night sight is completely dead. This is a brand new gun with a born date of July 2016 and my other two Sigs are 4 years old and still glowing brightly. Will I have to send it to Sig to have it corrected?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Congrats on the 2022, but sorry to hear about that front sight.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got one about a month ago. I'm enjoying it as often as I can. I've run about 700 rounds through it. A few failure to feeds at first with some cheap ammo but once my shipment of decent 124 grain FMJ arrived, it's been pretty trouble free.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Congrats. Love mine.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
409 Posts
When my new SP2022 came in a couple of years ago it had standard three dot sights, not the NS I paid for. Sig quickly swapped them out with NS when I brought it to their attention. At the time they were filling a foreign military/police order for the SP2022 and producing the pistols in high numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
I bought mine in 2012. It has the 2 dot contrast sights. I bought a set of MEPRO night sights but have not put them on. I did note that the dots are pretty small and I had to go into a dark closet to see them.

I have since bought a 320 compact with factory night sights. I have the same problem. They are not really bright and hard to see with any real level of ambient light. By the time it's dark enough to easily see them, I can't see anything else.

I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought mine in 2012. It has the 2 dot contrast sights. I bought a set of MEPRO night sights but have not put them on. I did note that the dots are pretty small and I had to go into a dark closet to see them.

I have since bought a 320 compact with factory night sights. I have the same problem. They are not really bright and hard to see with any real level of ambient light. By the time it's dark enough to easily see them, I can't see anything else.

I'm not impressed.
I noticed that on my 320rx, by the time they're useful it's too dark to see the target.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just talked to Sig about my front night sight on my new 2022 that didn't glow and a new sight is on its way!! Their customer service is excellent!!! I went to my gun shop on Sunday (where I bought it) and told them about the dead sight and they agreed to install the new one if Sig sent one. So far, today has been a good day!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I just talked to Sig about my front night sight on my new 2022 that didn't glow and a new sight is on its way!! Their customer service is excellent!!! I went to my gun shop on Sunday (where I bought it) and told them about the dead sight and they agreed to install the new one if Sig sent one. So far, today has been a good day!!

Just make sure that they have the correct pusher to install the sight. The 2022 is not the same as the rest of the p-series and takes a completely different sight pusher. If they drift it on it could be possible to again damage the vial and have another dead front sight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had this happen with a 229c,front sight was dead. Sent the slide back to Sig and it was returned fixed and no problems after that. Sig has great CS and one of the many reasons I continue buying Sigs over other brands.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My Sig Light Night Sights went dead on my SP2022 a month or so ago after 6 years.

I replaced them with Sig #8 X Ray 3's Front and back this week. (Square Notch)

FYI: I got the sights from Optics Planet for $117.99 with Free shipping and no sales tax.(applied a $12 Promo code). Cheaper than Sig's web Page.

Have some Family coming over this weekend but looking forward to taking Old Reliable to the range in a week or so to play with my new sights.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
2022 is a good gun, I had one. I miss it. Shame about the front sight, Sig should fix that up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts