SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in today and I couldn't be more happier with her. The trigger is just phenomenal to be quite honest. Between 2 1/4 & 2 1/2 pounds single action and breaks like a glass rod of course. Overall, a very nice ole Smith imo
Thanx for letting me share gang. Here's s few pics
20200930_184403_1601507516859.jpg 20200930_184500_1601507528826.jpg 20200930_184539_1601507547723.jpg 20200930_184520_1601507558426.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 586 no dash just like it. Great shooters! You're gonna love it! :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
I’ve got an 8 3/8” 586 and you are right about the trigger. Probably the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to shoot. DA is right at a very smooth 8.5 lbs and my SA pull is 2.5 lbs. The best! The bluing looks like it will drip right off...
You’re gonna love it!!!

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
OP,
install some Hogue rubber grips on your 586.
The Target grips are fetching good money these days.

Ceapea,
I would NOT part w/ my 8-3/8"Bbl 586 for love or any amount of money.

Working stock pic of a few of my S&W's.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve got an 8 3/8” 586 and you are right about the trigger. Probably the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to shoot. DA is right at a very smooth 8.5 lbs and my SA pull is 2.5 lbs. The best! The bluing looks like it will drip right off...
You’re gonna love it!!!
They really are exceptional.
Would love to see a pic if get time.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP,
install some Hogue rubber grips on your 586.
The Target grips are fetc hing good money these days.

Ceapea,
I would NOT part w/ my 8-3/8"Bbl 586 for love or any amount of money.

Working stock pic of a few of my S&W's.
Awesome. Thanx for the pic!

·
Registered
553 Posts
They really are exceptional.
Would love to see a pic if get time.
Will do.
Mine came with the factory wood stocks as well as a set of Hogue rubber grips. It was used, but I couldn’t find any proof that it had been shot. It really was in fantastic shape. Still is.
I only use the factory wood on the 586. Seems the only way to go with such a gun. The Hogues go on the stainless guns...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do.
Mine came with the factory wood stocks as well as a set of Hogue rubber grips. It was used, but I couldn’t find any proof that it had been shot. It really was in fantastic shape. Still is.
I only use the factory wood on the 586. Seems the only way to go with such a gun. The Hogues go on the stainless guns...
I agree 100%
The wood looks so perfect on the 586!
My 629 PC has black rubber and they look best on it

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree 100%
The wood looks so perfect on the 586!
My 629 PC has black rubber and they look best on it
Ah, great minds think alike! I’ve got a 4” 629-1 with Hogues on it. It originally came with the fancy, finger groove/cut, cocobolo grips. Still have them, but being a lefty (handed, that is), they never fit just right. In the right hand, they felt like magic. No so much in the left. So, Hogues for it...
I’ll get some pics of it, too.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
OK ... now you guys are talkin' my language. Nice pick up on your 586. I had to dig into my pic files to find these.

My 586 (no dash), 8" … with 2X Burris Target Scope. This was my NRA Silhouette gun and deer gun back in the 80's. The group shown was at 75 yrds from sandbags, using my "deer load". It still shoots great and finds it's to the range now and then.

Enjoy your new 586 … a sweet addition to any collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK ... now you guys are talkin' my language. Nice pick up on your 586. I had to dig into my pic files to find these.

My 586 (no dash), 8" … with 2X Burris Target Scope. This was my NRA Silhouette gun and deer gun back in the 80's. The group shown was at 75 yrds from sandbags, using my "deer load". It still shoots great and finds it's to the range now and then.

Enjoy your new 586 … a sweet addition to any collection.
Wow. Very nice!!!
And, thank you. I see myself having a lot of fun with it.

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
Very nice, Sigke!!

I can appreciate a beautiful blued revolver. :thumbsu:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I know you will like the 586 but also know you are going to love the 27-2. The closes thing I have to your beautiful 586 is a 686-1. It is a fine revolver but does not compare to my early, vintage 1950, Pre-Model 27 with a 3 & 1/2" barrel. I also like my two Model 27-2's with 8 & 3/8" barrel.

In my assortment of Smiths, the only thing that out does the Model 27 and it predecessor, Registered Magnum, the follow-un-registered prewar Magnum, and the Pre-Model 27 is the WWI era .44 hand Ejector 1st Model (a.k.a.New Century Triple Lock.

I have two of the Triple Locks, one in original factory nickle plating and one in blued

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I know you will like the 586 but also know you are going to love the 27-2. The closes thing I have to your beautiful 586 is a 686-1. It is a fine revolver but does not compare to my early, vintage 1950, Pre-Model 27 with a 3 & 1/2" barrel. I also like my two Model 27-2's with 8 & 3/8" barrel.

In my assortment of Smiths, the only thing that out does the Model 27 and it predecessor, Registered Magnum, the follow-un-registered prewar Magnum, and the Pre-Model 27 is the WWI era .44 hand Ejector 1st Model (a.k.a.New Century Triple Lock.

I have two of the Triple Locks, one in original factory nickle plating and one in blued
I just hit the S&W jackpot! Haha
Man, you have the ultimate collection imo.
Seriously, I would love to see some pics if you have the time.
And, yes, I am chompin at the bit to get that 27-2 in my hands
It's absolutely immaculate.
But, all the same, I am just terribly impressed with this 586. Especially the trigger.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts