SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I went to my Mom and Pop LGS to ship something. While he was writing I looked into the glass case and saw three 6" Colt Pythons (1977-1981 mfg dates) on consignment sale for between $1900 and $3200. One was about 99%, one was about 95%, the other had been shot some but was still in excellent shape. I didn't ask to hold them, and I didn't get pics in the shop, but they are all on GB so I'll try to post a pic of the best one...I will say they were incredible, I'd never had a live sighting before.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
My dad has one. He's hardly shot it, and it is in excellent condition. Maybe he'll let me take it to the range, one day. I'll need to ask him.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
Tapped, dadgummit! Just bought a rifle and pistol.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Have one that my granddad bought, my dad inherited , then me...... will go to the next generation when I cross that final divide. It's a little over 60 years old. Quality on steroids.

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
3"ers are hard to find, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here's something that's going to make you cry. I recently saw a mint condition 6" Python at my LGS that the shop had just bought from a guy looking to sell off his guns.

It really was in awesome condition and still had the original box and papers. I have no doubt in my mind that that snake boarded a plane for the US the very next day.

So what's the point? The shop bought it for less than 500 USD!!!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I was a huge fan of the S&W N frame guns. The 357, 41, and 44 mags were my prize wheel guns. I'm sad to say they all were sold during bad times. My buddy, on the other hand, was a Colt man and loved his Pythons. He still has his 6", a very prize possession in his safe. A super tight revolver they were. I still like the Smith and Wessons better.
The only Colt I ever owned was a 1911 A1.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This one is the lesser of the three, but new grips and refinish would bring it back...

This is the one in the middle, could barely tell it from the best one.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's something that's going to make you cry. I recently saw a mint condition 6" Python at my LGS that the shop had just bought from a guy looking to sell off his guns.

It really was in awesome condition and still had the original box and papers. I have no doubt in my mind that that snake boarded a plane for the US the very next day.

So what's the point? The shop bought it for less than 500 USD!!!
I would have given the guy $600...:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Great pistols. I've owned a few.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts