SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, but I figured I would get the most accurate information from members and fellow Sig owners!

My question is this: I just picked up a used, but in good condition P226 at a very good price. My assumption is that it was an LEO turn-in. However, I noticed that it did not have a decocker (so, I figured it was either a DAO or DAK.

Once on the range, I noticed that the trigger reset halfway after fire, but the trigger would not move the hammer when attempting to discharge the next round. The next round could only be fired when I let the trigger slack completely up to the next reset - which was considerably longer. Based on this, I assumed I had a faulty DAK. However, I called Sig customer service and gave them the serial number. They told me that the serial number is pre 2005, meaning DAK was not around and that no records could be found for this particular 226. The 226 is a US made, serial number starting with "UU".

I took off the grips of this 226 and compared them to an older 228 that I have. I noticed that the frame has the exact same cutouts as the 228, which is DA/SA. I am wondering if any of you ever had any experience with this, and what parts I would need to make my new 226 a DA/SA (which I prefer). I have attached pictures of the frame inside the grip.

I am assuming that the user prior to me did not like the DA/SA and thus removed the decocker and/or other parts. However, the hammer is identical at rest to DA/SA Sigs, which combined with the first trigger "reset," I would assume the gun was manufactured as a DA/SA originally.

If anyone could provide any help as to what parts I would need, or what I would be looking at as far as cost to make the gun a true DA/SA, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to you all, and I look forward to being a member of this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That Ain't Technical

That's prolly a DAO and all you need is a DA/SA Hammer, Decocking lever, spring and bearing. I would also put in a new Sear. Make sure it already has a Hammer return spring in it. Click on the bird

Now, the next thing is to make sure you have a DAO -
Can you post a good picture with the right grip off?

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
That's prolly a DAO and all you need is a DA/SA Hammer, Decocking lever, spring and bearing. I would also put in a new Sear. Make sure it already has a Hammer return spring in it. Click on the bird

Now, the next thing is to make sure you have a DAO -
Can you post a good picture with the right grip off?
+ 1. Listen to this man and do what he recommends.
fjgiie seriously knows his stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts