SIG Talk banner

Need some recommendations to feed my P6

643 6
I reload, and never buy factory ammo, but now I am looking to take my GF to a pistol course and they are pretty strict on the factory ammo only thing.

That puts me in a corner because I don't want to go buy a bunch of factory ammo to test out on my P6 to see what it likes and what it hates.

Normally I run berrys 124gr plated FMJ over Unique and I've been happy with it, so if price is close I will try to stick to 124gr factory ball instead of 115.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what their P6 likes or what it really hates?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,852 Posts
I run Winchester White Box ammo in my P6 with great results. Only thing is I have a P225 barrel in it with the improved feed ramp angle. So the P6 barrel may not have the same results as the P225 barrel. However, the P6 was designed for FMJ's so I'm guessing any FMJ should work well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nato whitebox or the plain jane stuff?

Oddly enough my P6 has handled all of the HP that I have fed it, and it will feed 147gr ball too, but that is usually too long and will bind in the mag after loading the 4th round.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,062 Posts
Nato whitebox or the plain jane stuff?

Oddly enough my P6 has handled all of the HP that I have fed it, and it will feed 147gr ball too, but that is usually too long and will bind in the mag after loading the 4th round.
I've shot a lot of the Federal FAAE9FP through my P6 and P225 without magazine problems. If you are using older OEM magazines, some replacement Wolff 5% extra power magazines springs may be needed. If they're "Pro Mags"... enough said... get some OEM magazines! Gun Parts Corporation has them, both new and used.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just picked up 4 boxes of Blazer Brass 124gr @ Outdoor Limited for $8.95 per box. I just checked and they are out, but keep checking. I also got Blazer Brass 45acp 230gr for $12.95 per box. The shipping added $13 to the total, but I bought 13 boxes of ammo. The prices with $1 per box added were still better than most places for reman. I just got the package in the mail last night and am happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Mine eats any ball ammo I feed it. Yours should too.

Just don't do hollow points without testing them first (feed ramp geometry is sometimes not conducive to HPs).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.