SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so.. This is actually my first firearm , got it a few weeks ago. Probably about 250-300+rounds down range with no issues.
It worked perfectly at the range earlier, when I got home, I decided to clean it real quick, so I did that. Wasn't the first time I took it apart but I think I screwed up. I took all the parts off, cleaned and re assembled.

Well I'm like 99% sure the guide rod and spring weren't put back in properly..
So now I pull the slide back to lock it and the damn guide rod is sticking all the way out but directly to the left side of the frame and it wont sit flush with the slide when its not open.

I've tried being nice to it, but this is seriously pissing me off.
I can't even pull it far enough back to lock the slide or even use the takedown lever or whatever. Also I have to slap the slide to make it go back forward..

I guess.. Basically, I cant take it apart to the fix the rod and spring (Pretty sure I messed up and didn't have it seated correctly)

Im lost..
How screwed am I?
:banghead:

*EDIT:*
Heres a video showing it, if you need photos I can get that done
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0LDQ_OG2rBshYrAKjwiEFaJ9A

Bear with my shakey hands, have had it for decades and think its on a medicine I cant really get off of..

Also that little metal circle that screws into the guide rod snapped off.. Soooo I might just send it to Sig and let them deal with it..

BTW: I dont think it was the gun, more so human error.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm gonna guess you put the slide back on without the takedown lever in place. Try pulling the trigger to decock it ( only if you are positive it is unloaded ) and then slap the slide forward. Also if your recoil spring is one of the older ones with the sides cut off of the end, the flat parts go on the right and left . also, you can grab the end of the recoil spring that is sticking out and pull it straight down and center to lift the rear of it up and it should let you remove the slide.

Always put the takedown lever in before you put the slide back on.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its hard to tell with the low light. Is the magazine in place? Does it do the same with it in and out?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm gonna guess you put the slide back on without the takedown lever in place. Try pulling the trigger to decock it ( only if you are positive it is unloaded ) and then slap the slide forward. Also if your recoil spring is one of the older ones with the sides cut off of the end, the flat parts go on the right and left . also, you can grab the end of the recoil spring that is sticking out and pull it straight down and center to lift the rear of it up and it should let you remove the slide.
Always put the takedown lever in before you put the slide back on.

I agree as the takedown level visual looks in place but if not, slide will not go all the way back.
Look very very very close and see if level is fully seated.
If you twist while turning very hard you may hard a snap, and see level closer?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
First off...Which P320 Version do you have?

Here are some videos:

The one thing I would add to this video is..
If you have a Guide Rod with flat sides make sure that those flat sides are actually on the Sides.

Issues when incorrectly reassembling the P320?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Heres some pictures I took in the sunlight..
Actually the take down lever isnt sitting flush with the grip, Its been slightly pushed into the grip and I have no idea what to do with that.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b7BioWNpJBydDLjCl7Ug5Ccg

Here guys, if there's any other spot you wanna see lemme know.
Also it acts the same with the mag in or out

I'm not sure if it was twisted when I put it back together
But I believe something weird happened. I can't really explain it, I just had that feeling that it wasn't right. Which is when I tried to dissemble it but was it doing this.

Also it gotten further back after fooling with it, but my hands are torn up from the serrations on the slide, It takes alot of force to pull it.

**EDIT**
BY the way its a P320 compact.

Also just noticed the take down lever isn't straight its slightly pointing down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ugh. I would say send it to sig and have them fix it. At the very least you will need a new grip module and recoil spring. Your barrel is hitting the slide weirdly too, that will need to be addressed. Just leave it the way it is and send it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, thats what i was thinking.

Im just gonna contact them and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You may have put the recoil spring on backwards when you reassembled.

If you put the recoil spring on backwards and somehow managed to put the slide on, i heard it's really hard to get the slide back off in such case. Usually it won't let you put the slide back on with the recoil spring backwards unless you really force it. I seen someone have this issue too but i don't remember if or how they fixed it.

So you probably just gotta some how force the slide back just enough so you can rotate the takedown lever and get that slide off.

you're gonna probably need a new recoil spring since it seems you broke the end that goes against the barrel. Unless you can reattach it somehow.

You can send it to SIG and maybe they would fix it for you for free. Or they can tell you how to fix the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally possible that is what happened. Not paying attention. I sent Sig an email so just gotta wait.

Really sucks because I just bought a couple boxes of 9mm. :(

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
So im4g1ne I took your Pictures and Cropped them down so I could see them better..

Looking at the muzzle end of your P320 Compact and my P320 Compact..I have to ask...

How did yours go from this..

Vedder & P320 Compaxt RX muzzle end 2.jpg

To This:

IMG_0035E.JPEG

I tried to put my Recoil Spring in Backwards..I could not Compress it to slip it onto the Barrel..
Flip it over and I could..
So if you were able to do that you have more strength than I.
BUT
With that said if the Round ends were somehow removed only the Recoil Spring Flipped could have the Skinny end at the muzzle..As in your Picture above.

A P320 Compact RSA kit-320c-9-recoil-spring-03.jpg

Talk about a chewed up new P320..
What did you go after this with?
How did it get this Bad?
I'd love to see the look on the Sig Armorer's face that gets your P320..WOW!

You definitely need a new Recoil Spring but you also need a new Grip and possibly a new barrel if it's chewed up too.
It will be interesting to see what Sig replaces on your P320.
Hopefully Sig will send your P320 back to you looking like new.
Definitely put Sig's Warranty to the Test since it is all owner damage.

Please be more careful in the Future..Huh!
I know your a new Gun owner but your P320 just looks Sad!
You really tortured your 320...:devil::growl::banghead:

IMG_0024E.JPEG IMG_0036E.JPEG

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't know what to say about all that damage. W*F were you thinking. I know the P320 is referred to as the Lego gun, but wow. They are not toys, nor fixed with a hammer. They are tools, and in the wrong hands dangerous. I would strongly recommend a course of some type.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that is toasted. Can it be fixed? Yes. Will its value be retained? Probably not. Slide is gouged, grip unusable. Recoil spring, toasted. Looking at a lot of damage and money to get it back to original condition. Warranty? Not gonna happen unless out of the kindness of Sigs heart.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Heres some pictures I took in the sunlight..
Actually the take down lever isnt sitting flush with the grip, Its been slightly pushed into the grip and I have no idea what to do with that.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b7BioWNpJBydDLjCl7Ug5Ccg

Here guys, if there's any other spot you wanna see lemme know.
Also it acts the same with the mag in or out

I'm not sure if it was twisted when I put it back together
But I believe something weird happened. I can't really explain it, I just had that feeling that it wasn't right. Which is when I tried to dissemble it but was it doing this.

Also it gotten further back after fooling with it, but my hands are torn up from the serrations on the slide, It takes alot of force to pull it.

**EDIT**
BY the way its a P320 compact.

Also just noticed the take down lever isn't straight its slightly pointing down.
Does your guide rod always slant to the side when you pull the slide back? Have you tried shifting the guide rod around to straighten it while the slide is back? If not, give that a try. It seems that the recoil spring is on correctly (not backwards). I would also remove your striker assembly from the upper slide so it wouldn’t get hung up by the sear if you do manage to get the slide back and rotate the takedown lever. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it's any comfort, the OP isn't the only one who's had problems with the assembling & disassembling of the P320 series.

I didn't know about the referenced Youtube videos, but do remember reading a few other threads on the various forums I visit.

Although I'm curious as to what the errors & cures are, I'm not curious enough to buy a P320 at this time just to satisfy that curiosity.

·
Registered
996 Posts
If it's any comfort, the OP isn't the only one who's had problems with the assembling & disassembling of the P320 series.

I didn't know about the referenced Youtube videos, but do remember reading a few other threads on the various forums I visit.

Although I'm curious as to what the errors & cures are, I'm not curious enough to buy a P320 at this time just to satisfy that curiosity.
The errors are lack of knowledge. The cure is gaining knowledge, with the caveat that, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. YouTube certification is neither knowledge nor experience.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
SO....
It's been 5 Days since any of us has heard from the OP..im4g1ne.

I'm dying to find out:

• Did he got a Response from Sig
  • If so did Sig send him a Fedex (return to the mothership) label?
  • What is the Status.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts