SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have 2 extra black grip screws for a P226 pistol? Clean my pistol yesterday out side when my dog jumped up and set all my parts flying and lost two grip screws. Can anyone help me out?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,478 Posts
Done!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Sorry I don't have any extra, glad someone else had some for you. Do you know the most valuable tool in my gun / reloading room? Its not the custom screwdrivers and bits, not all the special tools. Its the 2 foot wide magnetic roller that I can grab all of the steel items I have dropped on the floor, small springs, pins, screws etc. Since I shoot guns that are irreplaceable now, its even more important!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I don't have any extra, glad someone else had some for you. Do you know the most valuable tool in my gun / reloading room? Its not the custom screwdrivers and bits, not all the special tools. Its the 2 foot wide magnetic roller that I can grab all of the steel items I have dropped on the floor, small springs, pins, screws etc. Since I shoot guns that are irreplaceable now, its even more important!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. When my parts were scattered by my pooch, most of them were scattered off the patio into my wife's now dormant flower beds. With the dug up/pulled dead plants and the reaments of mulch, mmmmmmmy grip screws just disappeared. Your magnet idea has my interest now and I'm certainly going to look into one. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least a magnetic tray, I do that just to keep my parts from rolling around...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glad you got fixed up! Great forum and people to help.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. You're 100 correct, there are great people on this Forum!

·
Registered
726 Posts
ALWAYS have a magnet available when working on any firearm - it's a little "life lesson" I learned the hard way. ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks for the comments. When my parts were scattered by my pooch, most of them were scattered off the patio into my wife's now dormant flower beds. With the dug up/pulled dead plants and the reaments of mulch, mmmmmmmy grip screws just disappeared. Your magnet idea has my interest now and I'm certainly going to look into one. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I need one of those! Especially for my flying, never to be seen again, AR15 springs and detents that are scattered all over my workshop/reloading room.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,478 Posts
I think I need one of those! Especially for my flying, never to be seen again, AR15 springs and detents that are scattered all over my workshop/reloading room.
ThnkFrst has posted previously, of using a large clear plastic bag, to "enclose" the firearm, so when something tries to achieve orbit, it's abruptly stopped, and easily found. I've got everything from 8" x 10" sandwich bags to 55 gallon drum liners, to accomplish this feat!

My "workshop" has too many nooks and crannies, plus I'm somewhat of a "hoarder" for one of those large rolling magnets to work... not enough room 😂 !!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hogue has some good hex screws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts