SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trying IDPA and yes I plan on using my p226 9mm (sorry Glock fans). I have a Sig paddle holster for it but was wondering if someone could recommend something better.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Looking for a holster for a 229R myself. You not liking the Sig paddle version?

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
I'm also looking into IDPA and had this exact same issue recently. On a whim I check a local Academy store. They had the Uncle Mike's Reflex kydex holsters on clearance, and I grabbed one for $9.88 just to see if it was any good.

I have to say: regardless of my thoughts on Uncle Mike's as a whole, this holster is going to fit the bill perfectly. It's a little too bulky for true concealed carry, but with about 15 mins of practice the draw is clean and fast.

I haven't taken it to a match yet, but I've scoured the regulations and it looks IDPA-worthy. It comes with an optional paddle or a belt mount. It has variable cant positions, but locks in with screws. It stays secured on my hip without any issues, and there is no gap from the beltline to the holster mount.

At $10 it was a no-brainer, especially since it comes in unsealed packaging - which makes returns/refunds a snap. But after having it and practicing with it for a couple of weeks, I can say that it's a worthwhile holster for IDPA, although I wouldn't use it for concealed carry during the summer. Sometimes I wear it around the house while I'm mowing the lawn, playing with the dog, etc, so that I don't sweat on my leather.

The only drawback to the Reflex holsters is that there are no left-handed versions available for lefties.

Trigger completely covered? Check.
Breech face above beltline? Check.
Concealable under jacket/overshirt/vest? Check.
Adjustable cant locked with screws? Check.
Secure on belt with no daylight at beltline? Check.
Can hold pistol securely, even upside down? Check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts