SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New member here. I'm looking to get myself a carry 320 with nite sights. Of course, I want a Generation 2 since I'm buying new. However, no dealer has been able to tell me if I will get a gen 1 or a gen 2 if I order. Apparently this is because they both use the same model numbers. I don't want to order and get a Gen 1 and have to go through the process of returning. Some 320's on gunbroker.com show pics of gen 2's, but sellers cant guarantee that is what I will get.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Place an order through Quantico Tactical or Top Gun Supply.

Both are big Mil/LE dealers and get shipments directly from Sig to insure they are selling the most recent models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got one two weeks ago from buds online. I'd suggest there but I wasn't super concerned with generation because everyone I know who had issues with them sig fixed with no issues. I just went with buds cuz they were $499 with night sights.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi,
New member here. I'm looking to get myself a carry 320 with nite sights. Of course, I want a Generation 2 since I'm buying new. However, no dealer has been able to tell me if I will get a gen 1 or a gen 2 if I order. Apparently this is because they both use the same model numbers. I don't want to order and get a Gen 1 and have to go through the process of returning. Some 320's on gunbroker.com show pics of gen 2's, but sellers cant guarantee that is what I will get.

Any suggestions?

Just curious what is the difference between the Gen 1 and 2?

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here's a pic of a Gen 1 & Gen 2 frame...
The Gen 1 has a different grip texture and slide stop guard. Looks like a deeper beaver tail on the Gen 2 as well.
This is the Gen 2 frame...

Not sure if there is any other difference.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
The best thing to do, IMO, is frequent your LGS and put your hands on the one you want and buy it. That is the only way you're going to guarantee you get the one you want, when you walk out with it. It may take a little time, but you have always heard patience is a virtue.

Reactions: InOverMyHead

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Sig Pro Shop shipped me a Gen 1 P320 Carry when I ordered one last December. I also ordered a large grip module which shipped as a Gen 2. Included with the grip was a Gen 2 slide stop. Changing the slide stop on the FCU isn't difficult and takes just a couple of minutes.

Since I have several P320's, I keep an FCU equipped with a Gen 1 slide stop and others with Gen 2. That way, due to the P320 modular platform, I can put together a gun using either Gen 1 or Gen 2 parts.

For me, this is a non issue but requires owning more than one P320. For you, it might be an excuse to get a second gun (LOL).

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
438 Posts
I think at this point your chances of getting a Gen 2 are pretty good (better than 50/50). Exceptions are if you are getting a subcompact or a 45. I was on the phone with customer service two weeks ago and they said those two variants are not yet available in Gen 2. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I did visit my local gun stores. Not one of them had a Gen 2. Anyway, I ended up getting an email from Osage County Guns telling me they had 3 in stock, all Gen 2's. I immediately placed an order. So my 320 Carry should be in my grubby hands soon !!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.