SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so yesterday I was at the LGS killing time before I had to pick my daughter up for her softball game, and my dealer put this gun in front of me. Now he knows I owned one of the first VP9s that came out, but traded it back to him for my old Glock 19 b/c of the slide lock lever. Its location was where my thumb would touch the lever often locking the slide back when I was shooting it. I tried to adjust my grip to accommodate it, but in the end I decided to go back to the Glock, which never gave me a day of trouble.

Well, yesterday when I gripped this VP9 it seemed as though the lever had been moved forward just a bit, so I put it on layaway. My question, first, is does anyone know of any changes or modifications HK has made to the gun? I know my cousin had the same issue as I, but he shaved part of the lever off so that it would not touch his thumb. His LT did the same with his (both are local LEOs), but I'm not one to really modify my guns like that; however, it seems to me the lever is now moved slightly forward, but I don't know. It's been a long time since I've handled one, but I loved everything about the VP9, except that lever location. It feels totally different now, but that could be wishful thinking on my part. Anyone know of mods made?

Reactions: ShipWreck and Blu

·
Premium Member
13,493 Posts
Rule #1: Never 'kill time' in a gun store unless you're looking to kill money too.

;)

Actually, that's usually when you're most susceptible to buy...when just browsing and not expecting when something piques your interest. Oooohhh I know that all too well. As far as the VP9 slide release, looked it up and didn't see any news on it being redesigned. But it sounds possible, since it was a fairly common niggle with folks that it would interfere with the thumb.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the same upon my own search, so it could be something HK did very quietly. I compared pics of my cousin's gun and this new model, and they look the same, but the gun feels totally different. Welp...I fell prey. He got me!

Reactions: Blu

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I dont know if the position changed but I believe the lever itself is slightly different. Perhaps the slight change in shape and texture is what is more comfortable for you.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know if the position changed but I believe the lever itself is slightly different. Perhaps the slight change in shape and texture is what is more comfortable for you.
Could be, but I remember distinctly that on the older model the knuckle of my thumb came to rest on the lever just below the ridge, but on this new model the lever touches the tip of my thumb, and my thumb seems to come down on top of it. My cousin, who has the older model, also said the lever on his touched the knuckle of his thumb. It looks the same, but it is definitely different.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Hope you like the new gun. I had a FDE one for a while. I only sold it because I got divorced and had to buy a dishwasher for my new place. Good gun
That's painful. You could wash dishes by hand. Wait.....if you're divorced now...do you need dishes...:p

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Premium Member
18,559 Posts
Comparing the pictures on the HK site with my older VP9, the levers, both slide lock (both sides) and takedown, both look the same. I wonder if the difference you are feeling could be attributed to different grip panels installed on the guns? I'm really not seeing any discernible differences anywhere on the gun comparing as I am.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Play with the grip panels. When you're tired of that, go shoot that G19. Then go get a a P30s and play with the grip panels... then go shoot your G19. You could check out a P2000SK, then go shoot the G19... fast forward and check out a P229 Legion...
I sometimes wonder why I have a VP9. The G19 is smaller, as is the P30, and then there's the 229 Legion... When carrying AIWB, hammer guns are easier on the nerves to reholster...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.